Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling Games Workshop miniatures in UK & Belgium due to lack of space. PM me for GW Bretonnia/Skaven miniatures.
mbmbmbmbmb
We are quite satisfied of the variant of Forgotten Souls we are using, and I can’t wait to mix Forgotten Souls with Nature’s Ire. laugh

Nevertheless right now I am missing the different challenges the lieutenants can offer and I would like to use also them in the game.

In particular I am thinking of selecting randomly the “final boss” (final room) between Tharn and some of the base game lieutenants:

Splig (although thematically I think he will fit better Nature’s Ire)
- Activation card: Master Shadow Dragon.
- Every time he uses the “knockback” ability the targeted hero is moved toward the entrance.

Lord Merick Farrow
- Activation card: Master Flesh Moulder. Draw another card in case of “Mend” or “Heal” ability.
- Merick uses the “ignite” ability everytime is surrounded by two or more heroes.

The lieutenants's characteristics are defined according to a three player game, plus the additional rules (additional health and permanent death) specified in the last encounter card.

After getting Nature’s Ire I will probably try also to implement other allies (i.e. Raythen).

I would be glad to have your opinion and suggetions about it, especially if you have already tried something similar. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mithrandir82 wrote:
We are quite satisfied of the [geekurl=1247272]variant[/geekurl]of Forgotten Souls we are using, and I can’t wait to mix Forgotten Souls with Nature’s Ire. laugh

Unfortunately, you cannot mix the two quests. The Encounters couldn't be mixed since they share tiles. The other components tend to specifically reference the encounters, so would be tricky to mix. Also, the encounters specify which monsters to place, so even if you mixed AI cards, you wouldn't be able to use the other monsters.

In Family Ties, all three Farrows make an appearance, and I was going to have two different Monster AI decks, one for the 'normal' monsters and one for the Lieutenants. But again, the encounters themselves specify which monsters to use...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling Games Workshop miniatures in UK & Belgium due to lack of space. PM me for GW Bretonnia/Skaven miniatures.
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
The Encounters couldn't be mixed since they share tiles

Thank you for your feedback, but for my group the fact that both the systems are sharing the same tiles would be a minor problem since we usually keep only the tiles necessary for the current encounter (in this way overlaps are not so common and when it will happen we draw another exploration card).
We will also continue to keep the same correlation between encounter, monster placement, peril cards and activation cards. The only difference will be a sort of alternation between the two indipendent systems.

However there is an exception I would like to make, and it is related to final encounter, which I would be glad to be less predictable. That's way I was thinking of providing an alternative (a lieutenant) to Tharn, the rest of the setting (including the placement of other monsters) will remain the same.

I am very interesting to see how you dealt with the automatization of the base game lieutenants and I would be glad if you can provide me the link to your cooperative quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.