Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
After owning Zooloretto with several expansions, Aquaretto with all expansions, and Coloretto, I think I would prefer a middle point between the card game and its bigger brothers, but much closer to the card game. Basically, keep the card game original mechanic and add some cute animals, without making the game much more complex or long.

One thing I liked about Coloretto is that you can adapt your strategy by changing, specially during the first part of the game and while seeing other player's strategies, your three 'main' colors in which you plan to get the most of the cards. And this is missing from Zooloretto Mini, once you put an animal in the barn or enclosure that's it, you are stuck.

This variant adds a minor rule, the "exchange" option from Zooloretto:

"Exchange two animal type locations, between two enclosures or between barn and enclosure"

In Zooloretto this costs 1 coin, here I suggest that you can choose this option once in the game instead of the normal options, and when you do you take a token of your choice (red chip for example) that will add -1 to your score. In that way, you can correct during the game a 1st round choice that turned out to be particularly (and unpredictably) bad.

And you would still keep the good things from Coloretto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.