Popular Tags: [View All]
Michel Condoroussis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the people at Mayfair some questions about the rules and thought I would share the answers:

1. Do new inventions get turned over in turns 8 and 9 as others are completed or as of turn 8 only the 5 their can be made?
No new inventions are turned over during the "research only turns." You can only work on the projects that are already face up at the end of turn 7.

2. Can you start new inventions at the beginning of turns 8 and 9?
Yes. You can begin working on as many new inventions as you have lab space and materials for. You can start new inventions on both turn 8 and turn 9. Of course, most inventions that will be available at that point in the game will require a lot of research, so make sure you'll have time to complete them!

3. Can you start working on inventions that have yet to be turned over?
Yes! Though, if you complete it and it's still not face up, then you'll have to wait until it comes up. This is one of the benefits of using the Council to examine the top inventions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another one for you... What the hell is the point of the "0" Florins card??? The rules suggest using it for a bluff, but they also tell you to cover the cards with your hand thus hiding the fact that you're bluffing... Huh?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not hard to tell someone is covering no cards, so this makes it easier to bid zero without being obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I also believe I read in the rules that you keep all of your cards hidden from you opponents even before any bidding begins so no one knows how many cards you hold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.