Tide of Iron» Forums » News

Subject: ToI at Essen toy fair? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Bollinger

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
Is it true that Fantasy Flight Games will show a protoype of ToI at Essen toy fair? That's what I read under the following link (scroll to Fantasy Flight Games)

http://www.spielbox.de/spielarchiv/sbmessen/sp062tab.php4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Totally off topic, but are WW2 Themed games big in Germany? Are they viewed with a raised eyebrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Totally on topic, I would just LOVE to see ToI in Essen. In fact it would be my personal highlight of the fair.

WW2 games in germany are sometimes questioned, but mostly by non-gamers, so nobody listens anyway... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangervacuum wrote:
Totally off topic, but are WW2 Themed games big in Germany? Are they viewed with a raised eyebrow?

Well, there is not a big Market for Wargames in general, I guess the germans have a different view on the Topic than most other countries (because of our past obviously). In my book that is a good thing, because one gets to question these Games a bit more. The eyebrows are liftet, but when you explain, what you are really doing, it is accepted; if not approved by anyone.

That's only my impression of course!

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, there was no demo of the ToI prototype in Essen. I was told at the booth of Heidelberger Spiele (FFG's German partner) that the FFG people had brought some material. But it was apparently only for showing to business partners and not the general public.

And WWII games are indeed viewed with a little suspicion in Germany. Or at least game companies believe they might offend sensibilities. E.g., Days of Wonder did not have Memoir '44 on display at their main booth in 2005, although they did this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.