Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grayson21 wrote:
I recently played for the first time and some of the monsters that came up had text that confused me.

One said: "Suffer -1 light" but it doesn't say Trophy or Battle or anything. It just says suffer -1 light. So does that mean I only suffer -1 light when I fight him? I beat him, took him into my deck, but wasn't sure whether or not I was supposed to suffer -1 light when he appeared in my hand because it didn't say "trophy" on the card.

Another said: "Magic attack required" Now does that mean he has to be defeated entirely by magic, or just that SOME magic attack is required, but you can use magic and physical both?

Another said something about moving monsters to rank 0 and I had no idea what to make of that. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance, guys. I really appreciate it. I really really enjoyed this game and can't wait to play more. Just wanted a few things cleared up before my next game, and couldn't find explanations online or in the manuals. Thanks again!

If it does not have the "trophy" keyword then the -1 light will not have to be used when the monster is in your hand, only when yu fight him.

When it says Magic attack required, you need a portion of your attack to be magical. It does not have to be entire attack.

As for Rank 0, I believe this means there shall not be a light penalty when you fight the monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
grayson21 wrote:
Another said something about moving monsters to rank 0 and I had no idea what to make of that. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
grayson21 wrote:
One said: "Suffer -1 light" but it doesn't say Trophy or Battle or anything. It just says suffer -1 light. So does that mean I only suffer -1 light when I fight him?

Yes, this means it is a trait: applicable while you fight the monster, but not once the monster is in your deck. Includes: Darkness (the monster), Lord Mortis, Nightmare, Murden, and Blood Barm.

grayson21 wrote:

When non-Thunderstone Bearer Guardians breach, they move to rank 0 and stay there until defeated. Darkness in rank 0 is 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.