North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
The rulebook tells you to play with three heroes. If you play two people, one of you needs to play two heroes.

Actually, that's under Advanced Play. "Additionally, two experienced players can play sentinels of the multiverse if one of both of them play as two heroes each."

Nowhere in game setup does it tell you that 2-player games should use 3-4 heros. The back of the box says 2-5 players and setup says that each player selects a hero. Going off the rulebook alone, it's easy to see it's okay to play 2-player, one hero each.

In fact, with the word "additionally", along with the fact that it's listed under the rule for the advanced option for Villains, it makes it seem as if the "2-players playing as 3 or 4 heroes" is really a rule made for using the advanced villain since 2 heroes alone would have way too much trouble with that.

Just so you know, I do agree it's better with 3-4 heroes, as I have played it that way and even in solo games I use 3-4 heroes. I'm just pointing out that the rulebook does not tell you you have to. It's an advanced feature.

Also, if this matters, I have the enhanced edition where they added the "H" mechanic, so not sure if the first edition rules were different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.