Juan Mejia
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
of Power
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on when we might expect the Kickstarter next year? I'm currently at that rare time of year when I have excess money and could actually afford to put money towards the first KS project I'd be backing, but I haven't seen any info beyond 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Call me crazy, but it seems like they (Jamey) might prefer to KS the mostly-finished "Between Two Cities" before the pre-/early-prototype Scythe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan: Thanks for your question. So far, the only date we've released for the Kickstarter is 2015. The game has a long development process to go through before it's ready for Kickstarter (we like to Kickstart complete, finished games, not unpolished designs). I think September might be a reasonable target, but we'll see. Feel free to subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter at www.stonemaiergames.com so you can be notified when the Kickstarter goes live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Mejia
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
of Power
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Juan: Thanks for your question. So far, the only date we've released for the Kickstarter is 2015. The game has a long development process to go through before it's ready for Kickstarter (we like to Kickstart complete, finished games, not unpolished designs). I think September might be a reasonable target, but we'll see. Feel free to subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter at www.stonemaiergames.com so you can be notified when the Kickstarter goes live.

Hey, September is my birthday so that works out!
Despite wanting to and having them on my wishlist practically since I got into the hobby, I actually have never gotten to play a Stonemaier game.

Edit: Thanks so much for responding, by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
September 2015!? A whole year to wait!??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan: Well, you can give one of our games a try if you'd like! Euphoria's second printing will be available in late January, Viticulture is already available everywhere, and Tuscany will be out in January too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Francois: And that's just for the Kickstarter! The game won't be out until 2016. I think it will be worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wilson
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be the earliest I've ever followed a game.
Scythe might even be my first Kickstarter project to back...
Very excited for Stonemaier Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Aaron, I hope you give it a chance on Kickstarter! But I'm sure the game will be available in retail too at some point if you want to wait until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
(we like to Kickstart complete, finished games, not unpolished designs).

Of all the reams of advice you've given out to people wanting to do Kickstarters, this has got to be the single most important thing you've ever said about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Francois: And that's just for the Kickstarter! The game won't be out until 2016. I think it will be worth the wait.

Assuming the game isn't shi... well, there's a funny story there. At our pub game night tonight there was a new guy from somewhere European - I didn't ask where. One of the games put up for playing was Viticulture (I got my CE on Friday, thank you BTW). He takes a look at it and says "Is this from the same people who are making Shite?" I blink and think for a moment, then I remember this Kickstarter from somewhere and say "Do you mean Scythe?" "Yes!"

He agreed that henceforth he would be more careful with his pronunciation. Hopefully you'll be as careful with the playtesting. After all, it wouldn't do to release a game when it's a load of Scythe. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David: I did not see that punchline coming--I literally laughed out loud. I really hope the game doesn't end up being shite!

As much as I love the name, it's a tough one to pronounce. Could we just officially change the pronunciation to how it's spelled? That would be much easier for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:

As much as I love the name, it's a tough one to pronounce. Could we just officially change the pronunciation to how it's spelled? That would be much easier for everyone.

Funnily enough, if you pronounce Scythe exactly how it's spelled, you get the Dutch word for shit. It'll be problematic either way with all these peasant europeans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hans: That's awesome! Ha ha...this is now my favorite Scythe thread on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shalom Craimer
Israel
Givat Zeev
(Near Jerusalem)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Language geek time! All the words like "shit", "science" and "scythe" are all about cutting or separating one thing from another. IIRC, "scissors" was actually unrelated, but I'm not 100% sure.

Oh, and somewhere in my head, the word "shuttle" is also etymologically related to "scythe", but I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
yorvog wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Funnily enough, if you pronounce Scythe exactly how it's spelled, you get the Dutch word for shit. It'll be problematic either way with all these peasant europeans.

What's the one word these peasants are all thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
yorvog wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

What's the one word these peasants are all thinking?

It's not like there's a thought bubble, you know.

SCYTHE: The Game Of Fertilising Fields
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
MOUNT DANDENONG
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amusing thread! Hopefully the name won't cause a problem being English language based, but it may.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Juan: Well, you can give one of our games a try if you'd like! Euphoria's second printing will be available in late January, Viticulture is already available everywhere, and Tuscany will be out in January too.

I HIGHLY suggest trying Jamey's other offerings. You will not be disappointed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Menio
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any new news on KS date? I'm really looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, Scythe will launch on Kickstarter the week after Essen Spiel in mid-October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Sure, Scythe will launch on Kickstarter the week after Essen Spiel in mid-October.

coll ill be camping out. to be there day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Only three replies, I thought, must just be someone asking when, being told "don't know" and replying "OK". It can't be a release date announcement, or there'd be 30-odd at least.

Some people just can't be enthused about anything, can they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

I hope you plan on being at BGGCon then with prototypes? Would be the perfect time to get a ton of people to experience the game during the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.