Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to Wings of War and Wings of Glory.

Having done some research, I am still unable to find the exact card size for Wings of Glory. I did find out that the Wings of War card size is 68mm by 44mm. Is this card size unchanged for Wings of Glory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally identical. We wanted them 100% compatible, so that all people bought before the rebranding could be used with the new edition too and not be wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I surfed the current publisher's website and found the manoeuvre cards are listed as 63mm by 88mm:
Spitfire Mk.IX Airplane Pack

I am confused again. Is the card size 68mm by 44mm or 63mm by 88mm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, the standard card size is 68 x 44 mm. True for airplane cards (single seaters and two seaters), maneuvre cards (in general), target cards, troop cards, AA guns cards. Even dagame cards, in the WW1 version.
Not all cards are standard, anyway. Multi-engine plane cards are larger. Lancasters and B-17s include a target card of an industrial complex that's larger than usual. And planes going over 600 km/h have larger than usual maneuvre cards - they are Ki84, Spitfire IX, Fw190D and Mustang. These maneuvres are 63 x 88 mm. But their plane cards are still standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Andrea!

I happen to have just bought the WW2 Rules and Accessories Pack with the FW-190 D-13 (Götz), Spitfire Mk.IX (Beurling), P-51D Mustang (Landers) and Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate (Fujimoto). So it looks like I need both the 68mm by 44mm and the 63mm by 88mm card sleeves then.

I read a lot of WWII aviation memoirs and am familiar with most of the plane types:
My WWII aviation memoirs collection (the dolls aren't mine )

I am certainly looking forward to trying out the game after receiving them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for choosing my game. Have fun with it!
Actually you will need the larger sized sleeves more. The airplane card is seldom used, just to replace minis when they overlap. And targets/groubnd troops are also quite static. The most of the wear I'd say it concerns maneuvres.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.