Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sava Toufexis
United States
Conesus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLers! Here is a play aid for ASL that I made that you can use to keep track of your turns. Go to my blog http://savateecounters.blogspot.com/

You can use the counters I made for Retro for this as well. I know many fellow ASLers around the world that use this in tournaments.

You can also get it here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu2hfy31w5yxmdx/PlayAid.pdf?dl=0&m=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Kong Wargamer
msg tools
badge
http://www.hongkongwargamer.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of those tourney users. I brought Sava's aid to Singapore with me. It's useful and is very attractive. I got a lot of questions about it at the tourney.

Warm regards,
Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the work, and it's great to see people designing new play aids but, at the expense of seeming negative, while wishing to be constructively critical, here's why I wouldn't use this aid:

- 20 turns is way too many, most tournament scenarios are 8 turns or less;

- I don't think it's necessary to track phases in a tournament game.

Usually, a print out of the scenario card is necessary as a reminder of SSRs and that provides a turn track. So, an additional track seems redundant. I use playing cards displayed beside my dice tower to remind me of SAN values. ELR is perhaps the one item which might need a separate reminder, but in practice it's on the scenario card so usually doesn't require separate paperwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sava Toufexis
United States
Conesus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you're a real downer, aren't you?

To answer your points.

Originally, I had only ten turns on the track and I had a guy complain they were to few. What if there's a scenario with 11 turns?

I have seen games where guys forget what phase they're on. It helps.

How uncool are playing cards on an ASL table?

Yeah, and squinting at the type on scenario cards is much better.

This was designed for people to get the status of the scenario at a glance. It works very well as some people can attest and it's uniquely cool.

So there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out why this is in the Variants section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sava Toufexis
United States
Conesus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where SHOULD it be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will find most player aids in the "Files" section. If you want to leave it as a post in the forums then it would most likely go in the "General" section. A player aid for normal use is not a "Variant."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.