Hide
9 Posts

Axis & Allies: 1942» Forums » General

Subject: how many industrial complexes come in the box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tem Brown
msg tools
I think I lost some of my industrial complex pieces but I'm not certain, and I can't find a piece count anywhere.

After the full board set up there are only 2 industrial complexes remaining for purchase. That seems low....I thought it was 3 or 4. Or maybe I am getting classic and 1942 mixed up

If anyone has the answer, let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 12 of them, but it doesn't really matter, as you can use any item you like to identify additional ones. The pieces you can purchase aren't limited to the physical pieces in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tem Brown
msg tools
wait, really? I was under the impression that you were limited by the physical number of pieces for industrial complexes and units. Interesting....

So if I already have 4 bombers on different spaces and want to build another one I can just use a marker for it? I'm not sure if I've ever had this situation come up though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
TheTemenian wrote:
wait, really? I was under the impression that you were limited by the physical number of pieces for industrial complexes and units. Interesting....

So if I already have 4 bombers on different spaces and want to build another one I can just use a marker for it? I'm not sure if I've ever had this situation come up though

Yes. It'd be a little silly to let you have four stacks of 8 bombers or something and then not let you move them apart (But who would want to!?! BOOM!!!)

Go read 1914 threads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheTemenian wrote:

The classic 1984 edition of A&A specifically states that your number of stacks is limited by the available pieces. Good to see they finally corrected that little bit of silliness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tem Brown
msg tools
ah okay, I knew I remembered it from somewhere. Much better this way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never knew that Axis and Allies 1942 was released in 1984. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
I never knew that Axis and Allies 1942 was released in 1984. whistle

+1 for brilliant use of Irony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheTemenian wrote:
I think I lost some of my industrial complex pieces but I'm not certain, and I can't find a piece count anywhere.

After the full board set up there are only 2 industrial complexes remaining for purchase. That seems low....I thought it was 3 or 4. Or maybe I am getting classic and 1942 mixed up

If anyone has the answer, let me know!

you can buy more at historicalboardgaming.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.