Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have a quick rules questions. When the event comes up during solo play (during militia creation), what if non of your heroes are in the attacked terrain (but you control it), how do you select the terrain? Is it attacked still, but without the added card from Hero defence, or is the event attacking the closest hero to that initial terrain? Thanks for any replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When checking for Event card attack Locations there is a sequence, which goes something like this (90% sure but do not have rule book to hand) :

1 - If one of your hero's is in that location type.

2- If no 1 is not fulfilled, if one of your cubes can be found at location.

3- If no 1 and 2 are not fulfilled, then an opposing cube is placed on nearest location of that type to one of your heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gaz72uk wrote:
When checking for Event card attack Locations there is a sequence, which goes something like this (90% sure but do not have rule book to hand) :

1 - If one of your hero's is in that location type.

2- If no 1 is not fulfilled, if one of your cubes can be found at location.

3- If no 1 and 2 are not fulfilled, then an opposing cube is placed on nearest location of that type to one of your heroes.

Thanks, the problem arises because the rules says

"Selecting the attack: The event attack is first directed at a hero. If either of your heroes is in a territory that matches the event attack, that territory is the target. If both heroes, or no heroes, are in a territory that matches the event attack, your closest territory to an enemy control marker is the target. If they are equidistant then you may choose which of your territories gets attacked."

just before that the rules says that "The color corresponds to territory type (or types), and indicates which territory is under attack."

So, which is it? The hero or the territory. If you do not have a hero in an appropriate territory (as indicated on the event card), does it still get attacked or do you select the closest territory to an enemy controlled territory (that has a hero in it?) and what is the attacking terrain if the enemy do not have a adjacent territory (no attacking terrain?)

I am totally confused about this, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the territory you check for first.

If its a Bog and you have no hero or any control markers of your colour in a bog, then you simply place an opposing cube on the bog closest to one of your hero's.

If there is a cube of your colour on a bog than the attack happens there. The attacking terrain is one containing an opposing cube, if there are no opposing cubes adjacent then you choose which one is the attacking terrain.

Does this help ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, yes it does. I missed the part where I get to chose attacking terrain if there are no enemy control marker. I also somehow though the hero was targeted always - and that did´t add up. Thanks, that clears it up

Now I can finish my solo game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.