Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Sullivan
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, two quick questions:

1) When exactly does the game end? I find both the original rules and the v3.pdf rewrite to be unclear. It is going to end after any player connects the required number of cities (that much is clear). My question is when does it then end? At the end of Phase 4 or Phase 5? Do players get paid for supplying their cities with power or no? I'm guessing no because then they'll use up important resources that they might need to determine who can supply the most cities with power. So as far as I can tell, the game ends at the end of Phase 4 (meaning players that have yet to connect many cities have a chance to do so IF they get to play after the player who connected the game-ending number of cities. This is what the original rules tend to suggest. The pdf rules rewrite seems to say it ends after the round (thus, after phase 5). I think that's incorrect and is supposed to be after phase 4. Please help.

2) My geography has always been worse than my spelling and grammar. Especially when it comes to Europe. I've been looking at the Germany map and am unable to ascertain where exactly two regions are that many players say are the best to place starting cities in: the Rhur and the Lower Elbe. Can you guys help me figure out which cities those two regions are?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
You play through the entire round. Players give up their resources and power the cities that they can. Whoever powered the most cities is the winner.

Technically you get paid for this round of powering, but it is a pointless exercise. Money only matters if there is a tie for cities powered. So if Player A has 7 electros left and player B has 12 electros left and they both power 18 cities. It doesn't really change anything if you give both of them their 145 electros for the turn. Player B still beats player A by 5 electros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Mattila
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The rules state that the game ends after phase 4 and I'm fine with that. You'll just use a part of bureaucracy (phase 5) to find out who'll win, i.e. count cities connected to networks and for how many of those you can provide electricity.

2) The Ruhr area known for its industry is located at the western Germany, next to France. In PG The Ruhr cities available are Köln (Cologne), Düsseldorf, Essen, Duisburg, Dortmund and Münster. Aachen lies also really close to the others.

Elbe is the river that runs to the North Sea through the city of Hamburg. Around Hamburg in the northwestern Germany you can find cities like Kiel, Lübeck, Schwerin, Bremen and Cuxhaven. Flensburg on the Danish border in the utmost north also belongs to the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivica Crljenica
Sweden
Nacka
Stockholms län
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhur = Ruhr
- Duisburg, Essen, Dortmund, Bonn

Lower Elbe
- Hamburg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Sullivan
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool. thanks, guys.

one more thing. I interpret the rulebook in that in a 2-player game, you remove 8 plants randomly from plants 11 thru 50 (not including 13). 13 remains in the game on the top of the draw deck.

however, i've seen in various 'help' rules files on BGG that they say that Plant 13 is removed from the game entirely (thus, 9 plants are removed from the 2=player game). Thanks incorrect, right? Plant 13 stays in, according to the original rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juuzzom wrote:
2) The Ruhr area known for its industry is located at the western Germany, next to France.

Next to The Netherlands, Belgium and maybe even a little bit of Luxemburg. Münster doesn't belong to the Ruhr-area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Barney wrote:
cool. thanks, guys.

one more thing. I interpret the rulebook in that in a 2-player game, you remove 8 plants randomly from plants 11 thru 50 (not including 13). 13 remains in the game on the top of the draw deck.

however, i've seen in various 'help' rules files on BGG that they say that Plant 13 is removed from the game entirely (thus, 9 plants are removed from the 2=player game). Thanks incorrect, right? Plant 13 stays in, according to the original rules

You remove plant 13 when playing in France.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.