jacob törn
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok I really need some help.

Im going up against a swordsman with 6 attack

I decide to skip ranged/siege phase

and also not block that attack.

now they do 6 damage to me

I have a unit forester(spent already) I want to assign damage to them their armor value is 4

My armor is just 2 (thats why I need their help)

I have tranquility chargeable to heal to 2 wounds. And also enought to defeat the swordsman but first.

The question is can I heal both my unit and my hero with tranquility?. Like 1 point of healing on unit and the other on me?

I want to know if there is anyway I can conquer the keep without taking any wounds at all by playing tranquility after the combat before I end my turn.

The other way is to assign all damage to my hero but that means I have to take 3 wounds and transquility can only heal me 2. So I end up with 1 wound thats bad.

Is there a more effective way to do it by assigning wounds to my foresters which have more armor by the way than me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Wazansa wrote:

The question is can I heal both my unit and my hero with tranquility?. Like 1 point of healing on unit and the other on me?

You can do that. You buy healing points with the cards and you can spend these healing points however you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jacob törn
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you also know how I can assign damage so I only take 1 damage to my hero then 1 to forester so I can use transquility to heal both wounds?.

Or is the only way out to take 3 wounds to my hero.

1 wound to forester 2 wound to hero?

2 wounds to forester 1 wound to hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
6 damage.
Wound the foresters 6-4=2

2 damage left over.
Wound yourself 2-2=0

No damage left, you play your attack, kill the swordsmen.

After combat, you play Tranquility and gain 2 Heal.
1 Heal heals the Foresters, 1 Heal lets you throw away a Wound.

You seemed to have figured this out yourself already - were you just looking for confirmation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From what I see, you will only need to heal a total of 2 wounds.

- Apply 1 Wound to Foresters, enemy attack reduces to 2 by Unit Armor of 4
- Apply 1 Wound to yourself, enemy attack reduces to 0 by your own armor
- Use Tranquility to heal both Wounds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jacob törn
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wait I though it was like this

ok 1 wound to forester now 6-4=2 forester take another wound. thats 2 wounds.

now I assign the rest of the 2 damage to my hero. Hero takes a wound first and now 2-2=0 take no more wounds because damage is now at zero or less.

Can you clarify why forester isnt taking the second wound.

Heres why I though it was like this.

Lets say I assign all damage to hero instead.

hero takes a wound regardless of armor value so 1 wound

then 6-2=4 takes another wound because damage still not zero or under. thats 2 wounds.

then 4-2=2 takes the third wound because yet again not zero or under yet. thats 3 wounds

then 2-2=0 takes no more wounds because now its at zero. so 3 wounds total.

So why isnt the forester taking the second wound when we did the 6-4=2 ?? where did that wound go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:

So why isnt the forester taking the second wound when we did the 6-4=2 ?? where did that wound go?

The rest of the damage goes to your hero, or other unwounded units. You can only wound a unit once. Take wound -> reduce damage, and that's it. After that you have to continue assigning the damage to other units or the hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rulebook pg. 8 under Assign Damage Phase. Each Unit is only allowed to take a single Wound. Once the first one is applied, the Unit can no longer take any even during the same actual attack. You can apply Wounds to additional Units you may have before taking them yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jacob törn
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah ok thanks . So its actually a better choice to assign the damage to my unit this combat.

Because the result is 2 wounds total, 1 for the hero and 1 for the unit.

Instead of 3 wounds to the hero.

So somehow I escaped that third wound. Which was the whole point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One reason the Foresters are a nice unit is because they have a high armor-to-level ratio (i.e., 4 armor and level 1). So they are efficient to damage and then heal. Much more so than, say, Utem Crossbowmen (4 armor but level 2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.