rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tho questions...

A) Which regions are considered protected by 'Special and Racial powers' against Lava

B) Abandoned (in decline) race tokens removed by Lava are discarded. Same with ghouls in decline. Right ?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lovatt
Canada
flag msg tools
A) Anything that says "immune to conquests or special powers". So, Hero tokens, the Dragon, Shrubmen in a forest, etc.

B) Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why we are assuming that in-decline tokens removed from a region by the use of a Lava token are discarded? The rule sheet that comes with the expansion specifically says: "there is no loss of tokens". This doesn't seem at all unclear.

What is (IMO) unclear is the meaning of the phrase: "treated as if the Region were conquered". So is it conquered or what? I think what was meant was: "After your scoring phase, you may use 1 Lava token to conquer a Region adjacent to each mountain you control. No tokens are lost to the tray, and your opponents may redeploy these tokens as usual."

If I'm understanding all of this correctly, basically Lava tokens are just a way for you to bump enemies out of your way, if you've settled in the mountain regions. Probably this will save you some tough battles, but the lack of eliminating tokens to the tray this way suggests that you could just be piling your enemies higher for yourself in that 2nd ring of regions, out from the mountain. Anyway, it seems to be a bulldozer power. Although I really can't say how this will compare to the other powers already in the game in terms of actual point-scoring ability, it will certainly help with longevity and defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bandit_boy7 wrote:
I'm not sure why we are assuming that in-decline tokens removed from a region by the use of a Lava token are discarded? The rule sheet that comes with the expansion specifically says: "there is no loss of tokens". This doesn't seem at all unclear.

Ok, I think tokens of in-decline race (other than Ghouls) should be removed as there is no way player can redeploy them.

Ghouls are special case and may or may not be an exception (?) because they can be treated and redeployed like tokens of active race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.