Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question. As pictured below, can a ranged attack be made from the Eastern Sour to the region marked with the X?

The rules state
You cannot use the Range ruler to attack from a region to another region crossing the black borders on the Lonely Mountain.

The LOS can be traced so that it doesn't go over the black line, but it seems odd that this space provides no cover from Eastern Spur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you place the ruler in the left corner of the Eastern Spur you can touch the region without touching the mountain. I play it that it is allowed to attack there.
But this sounds like a good thing for a FAQ with an official answer from the designers, since this question came up with every opponent I played this game with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Deus Vult
badge
Gloria in excelsis Deo
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always played you can't. I don't like the "if I place it right here...". I play that if you are to be allowed to do something, it must be clear that you are indeed.

I guess it never made a huge difference though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This attack is legal. If you can place the ruler legally without crossing a black border, you can make the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Degtyarenko
msg tools
so many games and i never allowed to make achery attack in that region.
So many games went wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a game breaker - I prefer to focus archery on armies which have been softened up a bit before, and any army walking in that area is probably still intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
I don't think it's a game breaker - I prefer to focus archery on armies which have been softened up a bit before, and any army walking in that area is probably still intact.

I prefer the opposite. I like to soften up the approaching orc horde with arrows, and then smash them with dwarvish hammerblows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's also a possibility - but a wise Shadow player (if there is anything like that ;-) will then Rally before launching his orcs into the fray...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.