Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Hertzberger
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have The Untold Stories, but I really like the look of the set. Obviously, I can't play the scenarios in this, but is there any other use for the units?

For example, do people make up their own scenarios to play or just use what is provided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No use without TUS?
B1gn4sty wrote:
I don't have The Untold Stories, but I really like the look of the set. Obviously, I can't play the scenarios in this, but is there any other use for the units?

For example, do people make up their own scenarios to play or just use what is provided?

Brett,

AFAIK, it is useless without TUS, except as a DYO aid. soblue

However, I *think* it is due to be reprinted in the next 6-12 months. I too got a copy of ITB, and it will be gathering dust for awhile now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys

David Heath here. We are working on the re-print as we speak. I can say the game will be out in the next 90 day or less.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hertzberger
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LNL Publishing wrote:
Hi Guys

David Heath here. We are working on the re-print as we speak. I can say the game will be out in the next 90 day or less.

David

That is awesome news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lohse
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett,

Short answer is what David said... a TUS reprint is in the works.

Longer answer is...

There is a geeklist that shows all of the components needed for each WaW item.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52636/waw-scenario-guide

But in this case, I don't remember if the list has TUS listed for each item because unit counters/maps or needed [they are needed for many/most of the scenarios] or whether there might be one or two that would theoretically be playable without TUS if you had another WaW game for the info counters/rules. At best it is a small fraction of the scenarios in ITB.

Based on the other items on the list, you could play the scenarios from the WaW: Counterattack scenario pack with ITB and Blood and Bridges [the scenario pack doesn't need TUS], but other than that, ITB would basically be a DIY toolkit until you get TUS.

So basically, probably best to wait until the TUS reprint that David mentioned.

Sorry for taking this long to respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.