Epic Resort» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attraction Ability Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Eitner

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
So for the Tier I attraction Harvest Market its ability reads "W3: +1heart to heroes when attracted to your Resort". Does that mean if I activate the ability during the first turn of my action phase that every hero I attract gains a heart (potential 3 heroes!)? basically does the buff last the whole season or is it a one time, one hero, use?

Great game by the way! the wife and I opened it up the other night and both enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alkemyst14 wrote:
So for the Tier I attraction Harvest Market its ability reads "W3: +1heart to heroes when attracted to your Resort". Does that mean if I activate the ability during the first turn of my action phase that every hero I attract gains a heart (potential 3 heroes!)? basically does the buff last the whole season or is it a one time, one hero, use?

Great game by the way! the wife and I opened it up the other night and both enjoyed it!

You're correct, it lasts the whole season and for each hero attracted... Although, it would be some feat to attract 3 heroes in a single turn; let me know if you pull it off!

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you're enjoying it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Fax
Italy
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Am I wrong or when you use the Attraction Ability once you have to put a "lock"over it?
We had played in this way, so only one hero gains the bonus.. nor the second or the third.
Is this a mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello S
Italy
flag msg tools
ekan78 wrote:
Am I wrong or when you use the Attraction Ability once you have to put a "lock"over it?
We had played in this way, so only one hero gains the bonus.. nor the second or the third.
Is this a mistake?

It's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Fax
Italy
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcs66 wrote:
ekan78 wrote:
Is this a mistake?

It's correct.

If you read the post before his, the game's designer says that all heroes you attract that turn get the bonus. You put a lock on it, but the effect persists until the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello S
Italy
flag msg tools
logris wrote:
Marcs66 wrote:
ekan78 wrote:
Is this a mistake?

It's correct.

If you read the post before his, the game's designer says that all heroes you attract that turn get the bonus. You put a lock on it, but the effect persists until the end of the turn.

If so, what is the effect of the lock u put on it? The lock wouldn't have any effect. I don't think you can use the bonus more than one time, unless you get the ability to remove the block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcs66 wrote:
logris wrote:
Marcs66 wrote:
ekan78 wrote:
Is this a mistake?

It's correct.

If so, what is the effect of the lock u put on it? The lock wouldn't have any effect. I don't think you can use the bonus more than one time, unless you get the ability to remove the block.

It helps remind you that it's in effect. Also, the Rogue and Frost Cone Hut can both remove a lock from an attraction, so you can stack bonuses if you pull it off with either of those cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Fax
Italy
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But in this case, for the Harvest Market, the lock is useless. Maybe just to rebember to use its bonus for all the heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think that if you used Harvest Market, and then unlocked it (using Frost Cone Hut), and then used it again, each Hero attracted thereafter would get +2 health. But it would be good to have this made explicit in the rules (or in a FAQ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
intheory wrote:
I think that if you used Harvest Market, and then unlocked it (using Frost Cone Hut), and then used it again, each Hero attracted thereafter would get +2 health. But it would be good to have this made explicit in the rules (or in a FAQ).

Thanks for the suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.