England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.rushisaband.com/video.php?id=623

Watch a trailer here, and see how tricky the bass line is.
I don't play this sort of game, but I was tickled to to see a Rush track get in. It's a great blog too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so DYING to play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb

zombie

teh AWes0me !!111 !1!!! ! 111 !!! eleveneleven!@!!1!! !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
That's awesome. I love Rush. Well, not their new stuff. Dog Years!?!?!? What the hell song is that.

Give me Grace Under Pressure, or Time Stands Still any day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is going to rock, no doubt.

Anyone going to get the game...check the solo in Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart...that's going to be impossible!

The songlist for this looks totally sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Looking great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
franklincobb wrote:
This game is going to rock, no doubt.

Anyone going to get the game...check the solo in Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart...that's going to be impossible!

The songlist for this looks totally sweet.

And Freebird! I challenge anyone to complete a perfect run on that puppy. Looks totally ridiculous...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the track list at? I'm really hoping that classic rock is well represented again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Wiki (and itself from other sources):

"Arterial Black" - Drist (Bonus track)
"Beast and the Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" - The Rolling Stones
"Carry On Wayward Son" - Kansas
"Crazy on You" - Heart
"Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Hangar 18" - Megadeth
"Heart-Shaped Box" - Nirvana
"Jessica" - The Allman Brothers Band
"John The Fisherman" - Primus (Performed by Primus)
"Laid To Rest" - Lamb of God
"Last Child" - Aerosmith
"Madhouse" - Anthrax
"Message in a Bottle" - The Police
"Misirlou" - Dick Dale
"Psychobilly Freakout" - The Reverend Horton Heat
"Shout at the Devil" - Mötley Crüe
"Strutter" - KISS
"Surrender" - Cheap Trick
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N' Roses
"Tattooed Love Boys" - The Pretenders
"Them Bones" - Alice in Chains
"Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" - Spinal Tap
"Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" - Stone Temple Pilots
"War Pigs" - Black Sabbath
"Who Was in My Room Last Night?" - The Butthole Surfers
"You Really Got Me" - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen
"YYZ" - Rush[13]

EDIT: Please note--this is not a COMPLETE list, as they are letting the songs slowly trickle out to build up anticipation for the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the trailer...what is the point of that, as a game?

I don't get it. (but then again, I'm not a video game person).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary, it's like Dance Dance Revolution. Instead of dancing though, you have to hit the correct buttons to play the right note at the right time. The track is pre-programmed and keeps rolling on, so if you fluff a bit, you can pick it up. The more accurate you are the better your score, plus you can pretend you really are playing those songs.

You can see the track rolling towards you, so you can anticipate which notes you have to hit next. I think they're picking some very tricky songs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:

"Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" - Spinal Tap

OMG I played Guitar Hero for the first time two weeks ago and LOVE it. And I was thinking about what a great song that would be for it, but I figured they'd never do it! That's awesome news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe it or not, when you nail a song, it really does make you feel like a total badass rock-and-roll star. It's like playing air guitar, but real music comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
http://www.rushisaband.com/video.php?id=623

Watch a trailer here, and see how tricky the bass line is.
I don't play this sort of game, but I was tickled to to see a Rush track get in. It's a great blog too.

Bassline really does not look too hard. I think they were playing on the Medium setting, though, as they never used the 5th fret button and the lines were nowhere near complex as the more difficult tunes in Guitar Hero were on Hard or especially on Expert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
Believe it or not, when you nail a song, it really does make you feel like a total badass rock-and-roll star. It's like playing air guitar, but real music comes out.

So true...when I nailed 170K on Hey You for the first time I was hooting and jumping around like a moron with no irony in my reaction whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon failed to mention a tiny detail: you don't use a joystick or contol pad at all. That's not evident by wathcing the clip, but it's the salient feature of the game!

When you buy the game it comes with a plastic guitar [!] that you use instead of a joystick. You move a lever to 'strum' the strings, you press the five colored buttons on the neck to hold down the 'frets'. And when you are on a hot streak you wave the damn thing up in the air and your on-screen persona rocks out.

And it has old Sabbath, Queen, Bowie, Boston, Rush, etc as songs that YOU play with the guitar. It took vast amounts of restraint to not splurge on this after I tried it.

EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Gary, it's like Dance Dance Revolution. Instead of dancing though, you have to hit the correct buttons to play the right note at the right time. The track is pre-programmed and keeps rolling on, so if you fluff a bit, you can pick it up. The more accurate you are the better your score, plus you can pretend you really are playing those songs.

You can see the track rolling towards you, so you can anticipate which notes you have to hit next. I think they're picking some very tricky songs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.