R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I have played the first scenario so far - it's a blast. I really like the game.
However, I was asking myself if there are any other ways to bring the alien player deck into the game other than chestbursters. I think a decently coordinated and communicating group that uses scanning wisely should be able to deal with the facehuggers and might only decide at a late point in the game to ignore them on purpose when the chestburster has little chance to get drawn before game end anyway. Btw, I'm aware that you have 2 full turns maximum to kill the facehugger.

Are there any effects in other scenarios, maybe with hidden agendas or some rules I've missed that make this deck being in the game more likely? I mean otherwise it would be a waste of some fun cards, wouldn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no other specific mechanism to bring in the alien player, but it can happen under several circumstances even to a well coordinated group.

1) If it happens early in the game it is easily possible to find yourself unable to wipe out the face hugger, especially if it is drawn from the strike deck at the end of a players turn. That only leaves the next players turn to kill it and a bad hand can easily prevent that.

2) Later in the game, if the next player has an evil agenda, they can choose not to kill the facehugger.

3) The aliens scenario contains mechanisms that may prevent the next player from playing cards from their hand, also bad news if you draw a facehugger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Evans
United States
Rossville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Alien Resurrection scenario likes to cut off the HQ, has stronger facehuggers, and from my play-throughs of it, has no issues getting chestbursters into player's discards. However, thanks to an amazing Johner card, it does have problems keeping them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.