Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is neck and neck good with Numenera, except this has expansions. So it hasnt been left in the dark, and hasnt completely redone all the cards from the first Thunderstone yet.

Has anything been announced for more expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing announced yet, but I am guessing they definitely have more in the works. As AEG has grown and added more games, their expansions have been slowing down a bit. Thunderstone Advance gets about two standalone/expansions a year nowadays. I like this pace because it gives me a chance to try out the new cards before the next ones show up.

Although there is no guarantee that the next set(s) will have more reworked cards or all new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I hope for more, Thunderstone Advance: Numenera takes the series in a direction I'm concerned about...

I don't want other themes mixed into my game - I'll play those games instead. The Numenera addition opens T:A to all sorts of crossovers: Storm Trooper Infantry, Agricola-food/light, or even Burgundy-castle town-folk? (I know... different publishers... look at the bigger issue)

AEG has a database of cards not moved to the Advanced format but those won't draw new customers. They will be looking into the populace and trying to get on whatever bandwagon is selling. Again, an example: Frozen-heroes, The Hobbit 5-Armies, or even Exodus' escape through walls of water...

I am being very "tongue-in-cheek" but I suspect, like Agricola card decks, we have seen the zenith of Thunderstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Expect that thunderstone is winding down. But should be at least 1 more expansion. I remember someone saying they were speaking with AEG and they said it doesn't sell like it used to anymore. So like not concur able in any way but does match with the effort seemingly put Into the product of late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
abodi wrote:
I Expect that thunderstone is winding down. But should be at least 1 more expansion. I remember someone saying they were speaking with AEG and they said it doesn't sell like it used to anymore. So like not concur able in any way but does match with the effort seemingly put Into the product of late.

They really shouldn't be shocked that it's not selling as well when they've done zero marketing for it in the past two years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
abodi wrote:

They really shouldn't be shocked that it's not selling as well when they've done zero marketing for it in the past two years.

Into the Abyss, the most recent expansion, isn't even listed as a product on AEG's page. That seems like a very obvious fail, but it's of a piece with the general sloth evident in updating the page with TSA content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
jpat wrote:
fizzmore wrote:
abodi wrote:

Into the Abyss, the most recent expansion, isn't even listed as a product on AEG's page. That seems like a very obvious fail, but it's of a piece with the general sloth evident in updating the page with TSA content.

So true Jim, well put!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
To be honest I like that Numernera was brought out. The series storyline is rich enough that the evil can appear in any realm.

To be honest I think the greatest universe they could tap into would be The Dark Tower by Steven King. There is a rich universe they could flesh out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.