Mikey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone ran into a situation where someone had sold a Starting Gear item, and then later wanted to re-purchase it? For example - the Outlaw/hitman's sawed-off shotgun. If the character started with it, sold it, then later wanted it back. I've allowed this at double the cost since it's the only way to get the sawed-off shotgun, but I only allow it if you started with it.

That said, what about acquiring Starting Gear that your character doesn't start with. What if the Rancher wants the Carbine that's only available for starting Scouts. Of course, another player could create the Scout, hand the Carbine over to the Rancher, then "Walk off into the Sunset" and create a different character to actually play. Same thing for the Outlaw giving his 2 Outlaw Pistols to the Bandito.

So, I'm curious if anyone has created rules regarding acquiring Starting Gear that either a) The character started with but sold and b) Starting Gear that the character didn't start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My group is playing some pretty hardcore house rule additions as we get ready for a long campaign setting. We had lost the first two adventures and needed the money for surgery. The outlaw sold one of his pistols which he could not get back. It has been sold and traded and who knows where it is now. As for the Indian scout and the Rancher, they instantly swapped rifles so that she could have more shots while the scout focussed on melee with the rifle as backup. It comes down to fun(and realism for us as we find fun in the brutality) and how your group is happy to run it. It's your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the items, like the Sawed-Off Shotgun, are available for purchase already, so no special rules needed.
Other items are available in the Gear deck.
The few items that are not available outside of character creation... I guess it depends on what kind of a world your group wants to play in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
2wierd wrote:
a) The character started with but sold and b) Starting Gear that the character didn't start with.

Don't sell or trade currently irreplaceable items. [Sawn-off Shotgun, Outlaw Pistols (though the promo set has a Mine Gear card with one, so you could sell that), Bandana [As per Outlaw Pistols], Marshal and Sheriff's badges, Carbine, Dynamite Satchel]

All the other starting items so far can either be purchased [Hold-Out Pistol, Pistol, Shotgun, Holy Book, Hunting Rifle, Indian Hatchet] or in the case of the Peacekeeper Pistol be replaced by the slightly superior Gunfighter's Pistol.

It is entirely possible that some or all of the irreplaceable items will become available as either loot or for purchase in the various expansions. For example we know there is a Rusty Badge coming in the Dead Man's Bounty expansion that is a Law Icon like the Sheriff and Marshall's badges.

The Mission packs will add things to the shopping lists. So may the Expanded Frontier Town and the Otherworlds.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Carbine in the Tredarra Otherworld set for example. Either as a Gear or Artefact card or for purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.