Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking through all of the Caboose cards, a few of them seem slightly ambiguous, so I was hoping I could get official clarification on them:

Specialized - Finish your Train with one type of Cargo with exactly five Railcars: So this means that I can have as many types of cargo as I want, as long as at least (or is it exactly?) one type of cargo has exactly 5 railcars?

Efficient - Finish with no mixed Cargo Cards on your Train: In other words, I get this bonus if my train contains only cards where both railcars are the same color, or wild cards?

Inefficient - Finish your Train with no Cargo Runs: In other words, I get this bonus if I don't have two railcars of the same color adjacent to each other? And a wild card doesn't break this bonus, correct?

Sequence #1-5 - Finish your Train with this sequence of values: Is the listed sequence going from the front (Engine) of the train to the back, or from the back to the front? In other words, if the listed sequence is 2,2,2,2,3, is the 3 supposed to be the last car in my train, or the fifth from last car?

I realize some of the answers are probably obvious, but I figured I'd ask anyway for posterity's sake. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:
Looking through all of the Caboose cards, a few of them seem slightly ambiguous, so I was hoping I could get official clarification on them:

Specialized - Finish your Train with one type of Cargo with exactly five Railcars: So this means that I can have as many types of cargo as I want, as long as at least (or is it exactly?) one type of cargo has exactly 5 railcars?

Yes, as many types of cargo as you wish. At least one of those cargo types must have exactly 5 railcars.

Putts wrote:
Efficient - Finish with no mixed Cargo Cards on your Train: In other words, I get this bonus if my train contains only cards where both railcars are the same color, or wild cards?

Correct!

Putts wrote:
Inefficient - Finish your Train with no Cargo Runs: In other words, I get this bonus if I don't have two railcars of the same color adjacent to each other? And a wild card doesn't break this bonus, correct?

Correct! Just to clarify, cards where both railcars are the same color do count as a two-color run and would disqualify you from this caboose.

Putts wrote:
Sequence #1-5 - Finish your Train with this sequence of values: Is the listed sequence going from the front (Engine) of the train to the back, or from the back to the front? In other words, if the listed sequence is 2,2,2,2,3, is the 3 supposed to be the last car in my train, or the fifth from last car?

All sequences, including this one, are from left to right (front to back) and must be consecutive, but can exist anywhere in your train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Definitely glad you clarified the sequence one, as I was totally misinterpreting that to say that your train had to end with that sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sorry don't have the cards in front of me, but what about the caboose that gives you points for fewest types of cargo. Do the wilds count as a type? Asked another way, would a train with red, blue and wilds be 2 or 3 cargo types?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric G
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a question about the Caboose cards that are just blank. What do you do about those?

I understand that you choose a random card at the beginning of the game but what happens when you draw the blank ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:
Sorry don't have the cards in front of me, but what about the caboose that gives you points for fewest types of cargo. Do the wilds count as a type? Asked another way, would a train with red, blue and wilds be 2 or 3 cargo types?

The rules specify wilds as not having a cargo type. That seems to be consistent with all of the clarifications that I got above, meaning that your example would count as 2 cargo types.

wolf9545 wrote:
I also have a question about the Caboose cards that are just blank. What do you do about those?

I understand that you choose a random card at the beginning of the game but what happens when you draw the blank ones?

They're for you to create your own caboose bonuses. If that's not your sorta thing, then stash them somewhere else (like under the insert) or throw them out. That's what I'm going to do with mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is "E Short" the same person as "David Short"?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if the answers above are 'official'.

We had same question concerning the caboose cards.

The ones that say something like "Finish your train..."

Does this mean you have to have that # pattern in the train somewhere when you end or does it mean the final 5 #s in the train have to be the pattern? Or either?

If the above is official we have our answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laporbo wrote:
Is "E Short" the same person as "David Short"?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if the answers above are 'official'.

E Short is my wife and, more relevantly to the subject at hand, she's one of my top playtesters. So, yes she's a reliable source for clarifications.

Laporbo wrote:
We had same question concerning the caboose cards.

The ones that say something like "Finish your train..."

Does this mean you have to have that # pattern in the train somewhere when you end or does it mean the final 5 #s in the train have to be the pattern? Or either?

If the above is official we have our answer

E Short is correct. What I meant by "Finish your train with..." is "End the game with..." So all Caboose requirements can be found anywhere in your train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble with "The Little Engine" caboose card. The scoring condition for this caboose reads:

Quote:
Finish with the lowest valued Train (after adding Bonus Points for Longest Cargo Run).

It seems to me there is a problem with this since in order to have the lowest value everyone will simply use the wildcar side and avoid scoring any bonus points for Longest Cargo Run. In this instance everyone ties with the same score. Seems pretty broken without some sort of additional rules about using wildcars.

And is seems like "Buried Alive" suffers from the same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
✔️✔️❌✔️➖
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If everybody but me takes nothing but wilds in an effort to get that bonus card, I expect I'll win that round handily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teddy Wang
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eshortmath wrote:
Putts wrote:

Correct! Just to clarify, cards where both railcars are the same color do count as a two-color run and would disqualify you from this caboose.

I don't get the "inefficient" card.

What is "no Cargo Runs" means?

Does that mean no Cargo card in the train? So I have to put all wild car in the train to get this bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scps14 wrote:

I don't get the "inefficient" card.

What is "no Cargo Runs" means?

Does that mean no Cargo card in the train? So I have to put all wild car in the train to get this bonus?

I think you can have cargo cards but just no runs of the same color/number. So every card has to be different than the one before it (or each half card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teddy Wang
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laporbo wrote:
I think you can have cargo cards but just no runs of the same color/number. So every card has to be different than the one before it (or each half card).

Thanks for replying!

English is not my mother tongue. I just found that the "runs" in the Caboose Card means continuity or a series of something. I am very sorry for my poor English. Thanks to all of you taking times answering my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.