Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 12 in the rulebook underneath the "Ports" and the "Markets" icons there is a brown and a green cube. Is this a misprint? Should these represent the resources required to build these tiles or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freierfall Sonnenflieger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's in the german version of the rulebook, I assume it's not a missprint but rather just bad use of iconography. Next the explanations of the actions & buildings there is always a picture of a piece that interacts with that building (meeples, ships etc). In case of the market and the port, you use them to trade goods. Therefore, there are some exemplary goods.

The costs of building a port are one stone and one fish; for building a market are one pineapple and one cow, as stated on the player screen(?) (the stand up thing that blocks view of your resources)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yama Dharmapāla
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have noticed this also. Being that it is discussing the construction of Ports or Markets, it seems reasonable to conclude that the resources displayed should be the resources it takes to construct them. I think the intended meaning of the wood and exotic fruit resources being displayed for both the Port and Market explanations was meant to clarify that one may buy/sell either two of the same or different resources to/from the Port or Market, given the fact that they appear to the left of the paragraph that is specifically discussing making two transactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
Your interpretations are correct. The two cubes shown are there as an example to illustrate the paragraph describing the effet of the port and market to "perform two transactions" on either the export or domestic market.

Construction costs are discussed in the Construction section, not here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.