Tragedy Looper» Forums » Rules

Subject: Serial Killer and already dead characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emu Evilmanta
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi! My friends and I just got this game and we love it. A situation came up yesterday where we discovered who the serial killer was and the loved one had 6 paranoia cause the serial killer kiled her lover. And we wanted to prevent being able to trigger the protagonist loss condition by feeding the loved one to the serial killer and killing her.
The issue was that the dead lover was still in the location with the serial killer. The rules state that exactly one character with the serial killer. But it fails to mention how alive they have to be. Thematically technically the serial killer is alone with the poor victim. But we weren't sure so we just avoided the situation all together.

What is the correct way to play this? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, in spite of the shaky translation at times, it was fairly clear that a dead character does not count as a character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the description of the Serial Killer in the handbook (p39). It quite clearly states that corpses do not count when determining if the Serial Killer ability triggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilmanta wrote:
The rules state that exactly one character with the serial killer. But it fails to mention how alive they have to be.

A dead character is not a character, it's a corpse. And a corpse is not a character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emu Evilmanta
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I do remember reading that now! Must have overlooked it in the heat of our investigative fervor. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.