Subject: Which exact spot do the Enforcer and Scoundrel fly to? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a rules question about moving the Enforcer and Scoundrel.

The rules say that if there are no outlaw ships then the Enforcer targets and flies to the most distant Lawful planet. However it doesn't specify where exactly on that planet's tile the Enforcer flies to. As a house ruling we said that the Enforcer flies to the spawn point on the tile then targets the furthest lawful spawn point from there, but I'm curious what the official rule actually is.

Similarly the Scoundrel targets Loath for movement if there are no innocent ships, but the rules don't specify where on the Loath tile the scoundrel heads. Again we house ruled that it flies to the spawn point on Loath, but I'm curious what the official rule is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it said in the terribly named FAQ thread that they park just inside the planetary entrance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for them are general guides, as long as you obey the NPC rules the player is free to choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless we're doing it wrong the Enforcer almost never gets to his destination. He finds the most distant Lawful planet and starts flying there. Then on his next then he'll be farther away from a Lawful planet the other way. So he turns around and flies there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Mat628 wrote:
Unless we're doing it wrong the Enforcer almost never gets to his destination. He finds the most distant Lawful planet and starts flying there. Then on his next then he'll be farther away from a Lawful planet the other way. So he turns around and flies there.

Yeah, it's kind of a "bug" in the way the Enforcer rules are written. I think the intent was that once it starts flying toward one planet, it will continue there until it gets there, or until an outlaw gets close enough to distract it.

We basically just house-ruled it so when choosing targets, if it chooses a planet, if it had a planet target last turn it will pick the same planet. That way, it does a more "realistic" patrol between the two Lawful planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian H
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about if the Scoundrel is already on Loath and has just attacked someone - where does he fly to?

he is supposed to flee towards Loath, so does he move as far as possible away from the ship just attacked, or stay in the same spot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
crikeythecat wrote:
What about if the Scoundrel is already on Loath and has just attacked someone - where does he fly to?

he is supposed to flee towards Loath, so does he move as far as possible away from the ship just attacked, or stay in the same spot?

I think strictly speaking he would just stay there, as he's already at Loath. We always have him just go as far away from the target as possible while still remaining in the planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.