Subject: Card Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dick Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think i have a major problem paying good money for quality sleeves but i do have a problem in that i haven't been able to wrap my mind around the full cost of premium sleeves for a game like Dominion.

3k sleeves is what is necessary for the whole set.

I am looking for suggestions for thick sleeves that can be shuffled and not fall apart at a very reasonably price or even better on sale or the more you buy the better the deal kinda thing.

Any suggestion is more than welcome and i hope i posted in the correct place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Hudson
Canada
flag msg tools
hi there, my whole set of Dominion is in sleeves and i used mayday games 59mm by 92mm euro sized, the pack is a blue colour to signify the size, i dont play my dominion a ton these days but the sleeves do hold up nicley, granted not perfect and some will break ovtime, but the price is very good
hope that helps, cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Ya it seems like when i look i have either the penny sleeves, Mayday or swan and most seem to have Mayday. Just wondering how those ones shuffle as that is the main reason i am steering away from the penny sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mongor62 wrote:
I am looking for suggestions for thick sleeves that can be shuffled and not fall apart at a very reasonably price or even better on sale or the more you buy the better the deal kinda thing. ggestion is more than welcome and i hope i posted in the correct place.

You get what you pay for. Penny sleeves will break/split/etc irregardless of the brand; to some people, the savings is worth it. To me, I find it annoying and would rather sleeve with standard/premium sleeves.

Today, I use mostly FFG sleeves. They are very high quality and if you buy them in bulk, they cost about $2.10-$2.20 per pack.

I would avoid Mayday sleeves. Years ago, I ended up just throwing dozens of their packs away. Sleeving cards with their penny sleeves was a frustrating experience... often too big or too small. I did recently purchase some of their premium European sleeves; I did so because their sleeves tend to be a tighter-fit and the card-size was nonstandard. Overall, their quality control seems better than years ago (at least with the premium sleeves) but they still don't match up to FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
BaBang wrote:
Today, I use mostly FFG sleeves. They are very high quality and if you buy them in bulk, they cost about $2.10-$2.20 per pack.

How do you buy them in bulk to get the price down i looked all over and didn't see this as an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mongor62 wrote:
BaBang wrote:

How do you buy them in bulk to get the price down i looked all over and didn't see this as an option.

http://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?itemid=ffgsebgsc#.VI8Y...

If you qualify for free shipping... it comes to $2.03 per pack. If my math is correct, that case contains 3k sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Your math is correct indeed! Just to double check FFG sleeves are thick enough to shuffle comfortably?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mongor62 wrote:
Your math is correct indeed! Just to double check FFG sleeves are thick enough to shuffle comfortably?

Just push the corners of the sleeve into each other. They will shuffle fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.