Antike» Forums » General

Subject: Trading possibility? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished playing this game with 6 players, and enjoyed it enough to consider buying it. I was just wondering from those with more experience with the game if it would imbalance the game if there was trading allowed between players, or if anyone has tried it as a variant of sorts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That seems like an interesting concept. I'll have to try that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about getting this, but the one thing that's put me off about it is the lack of trading (from various reviews and play demo). Also, I own Mare Nostrum, which seems so similar but does have the trading element (as well as building and destroying cities and temples, and various technology development options) so perhaps I'll stick with that... perhaps its also worth checking out as an alternative

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomski wrote:
I've been thinking about getting this, but the one thing that's put me off about it is the lack of trading (from various reviews and play demo). Also, I own Mare Nostrum, which seems so similar but does have the trading element (as well as building and destroying cities and temples, and various technology development options) so perhaps I'll stick with that... perhaps its also worth checking out as an alternative

Just got it Tom. All I need to do is read the rules now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nelciara wrote:
trading would go against the spirit of the game.
The rules clearly say that trading is not allowed.
If you want trading, play something else

//Johan

like Mare Nostrum arrrh

or... so its a wargame then, not an empire builder (lights blue touch paper and stands well back)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nelciara wrote:
trading would go against the spirit of the game.
The rules clearly say that trading is not allowed.
If you want trading, play something else

//Johan

You're right. I tried playing the game with trading and Macgerdts came and shot me friend dead right in front of me

He said the next time I try that it'll be my whole family...

ALTERNATIVELY

OH NOES! The rules say we aren't allowed to trade. WE HAVE BEEN FOOLS PLAYING OUR DANGEROUS GAMES WITH POWERS BEYOND OUR COMPREHENSION!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cork
United Kingdom
Slough
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
tomski wrote:

Just got it Tom. All I need to do is read the rules now.

I played it at essen and it is excellent, better than mare-nostrum. In my opinion..
I think you should get it Tom, and Nick, you should play it haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.