John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya all,

Here are some questions I have after playing the games a few more times and looking through the cards.

1. Can I immediately move my Dudes from home to an Out-of-Town deed or do they have to be in a town square area first?

2. Does Tommy Harden's trait triggered in the Gamblin' phase when the opponent reveal a cheatin' hand? I believe it does as trait effects are continuous. So if I am correct, this will make it more difficult for Law Dog to win at Gamblin' phase when Tommy Harden is present due to the high probability of opposing players' having cheatin' hand (which can make worst if the Law Dog player have a legal hand).

3. Does 1 Control Point gained by the Cattle Market stacked when there are more than one other ranch in play? I think not.

4. Does Cattle Market gained 1 Control Point when my opponents play a Ranch of their own?

5. Can I have more than one of the same Deed in play? As far as I know, Deeds and Goods are not considered unique.

6. When a player have Bank of California in play, will the opponents be able to take the Ghost Rock in which you have ante during Gamblin' phase and if they win in the lowball poker?

7. Just to confirm, Pearly's Place enables a player to play two shootout plays if they have the initiative after winning at the Gamblin' phase, right? If a player have 2 Pearly's Place, they can have 3 shootout plays consecutively.

8. Yan Li's Tailoring will allow a player to raise the influence of a chosen Dude by 1. Will this increase be permanent? I should think so, because from p. 26 of rule, it says, "After effects places a counter, it's the counter that has ongoing effect. In effect, counters are permanent changes." If this is correct, then it is possible to continually raise a Dude influence and keep it safe from harm. This will prevent another players from winning the game too soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll leave the rest of these for more experts, but

1.) Any dude can move anywhere, if you boot them. Moving to an out of town Deed always requires to be booted.

Moving into Town Square and then to an adjacent deed is just a way to move dudes without booting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
1. Can I immediately move my Dudes from home to an Out-of-Town deed or do they have to be in a town square area first?

A dude can move anywhere by booting.

brighknight_216 wrote:
2. Does Tommy Harden's trait triggered in the Gamblin' phase when the opponent reveal a cheatin' hand?

The card says: "in Tommy's shootout". Lowball is not a shootout.

brighknight_216 wrote:
3. Does 1 Control Point gained by the Cattle Market stacked when there are more than one other ranch in play? I think not.

It's a yes/no condition. Is there another ranch in play? If yes, gain 1 control point.

brighknight_216 wrote:
4. Does Cattle Market gained 1 Control Point when my opponents play a Ranch of their own?

Yes. The card does not specify that the ranch must be owned or controlled by you.

brighknight_216 wrote:
5. Can I have more than one of the same Deed in play? As far as I know, Deeds and Goods are not considered unique.

Rulebook p.14: "All dudes and deeds in Doomtown are unique".

brighknight_216 wrote:
6. When a player have Bank of California in play, will the opponents be able to take the Ghost Rock in which you have ante during Gamblin' phase and if they win in the lowball poker?

Yes. So far the only card that is affected by the Bank is This is a Holdup!

brighknight_216 wrote:
7. Just to confirm, Pearly's Place enables a player to play two shootout plays if they have the initiative after winning at the Gamblin' phase, right? If a player have 2 Pearly's Place, they can have 3 shootout plays consecutively.

Yes to first, No to second. After one Pearly's Palace effect is used, the condition "before any player makes a Shootout play" is no longer met, so the other Pearly's cannot be used. You can make a normal shootout play, though, if you won lowball.

brighknight_216 wrote:
8. Yan Li's Tailoring will allow a player to raise the influence of a chosen Dude by 1. Will this increase be permanent? I should think so, because from p. 26 of rule, it says, "After effects places a counter, it's the counter that has ongoing effect. In effect, counters are permanent changes."

Yan Li's Tailoring does not place any counters. If you mark this temporary increase by placing a chip on a card, that doesn't mean it's a counter in the sence that you refer to
Yan Li's influnce increase follows the rule given on p.26 of the rulebook: "Effects caused by a Noon ability last until the end of the day".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.