Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I have three hunters on a land hunt. I roll three dice and get 3, 3, 4. I have one tracker which says "may re-roll 3 & 4".

Can I re-roll all three dice? Or would I need three trackers to be be able to do so? (In other words, is the re-roll limited to one die per tracker?)

I've used trackers as an example, but the same question applies to any Shamans, Daughters, Domestic animals or Inventions which allow re-rolls or which convert a 3 to a 1. Does each ability only apply to one die, or to all the dice I roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Panzer
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You may re-roll all three once. G2 ("Re-rolls due to biome types") applies:

"[...] you are allowed one re-roll of each Hunt Die in that biome with the number indicated."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A supplementary question which has just occurred to me:

Does the ability to turn a 3 into a 1 count as a re-roll? In other words if I had two abilities, one to re-roll 4s, the other to turn 3s to 1s, and I first rolled a 4 then re-rolled it to get 3. Could I then simply turn the 3 into a 1? I'm assuming not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wooster
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
"He who runs with aggression, walks without dignity."
mbmbmbmbmb
mathmethman wrote:
A supplementary question which has just occurred to me:

Does the ability to turn a 3 into a 1 count as a re-roll?

No, it does not count as a re-roll.

mathmethman wrote:
In other words if I had two abilities, one to re-roll 4s, the other to turn 3s to 1s, and I first rolled a 4 then re-rolled it to get 3. Could I then simply turn the 3 into a 1? I'm assuming not.

Yes, you may count the 3 as a 1.

To summarize: the 4, rerolled to a 3, would become a 1. This is explicitly stated in the example in G3 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.