Subject: Pre-order card charges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there fellers',

I pre-ordered at the very beginning of getting into this nefarious hobby..

I cannot remember whether I was charged immediately or if I was to be charged upon shipment.

Can anyone confirm which was the case for themselves?

My card details are surely expired, just wanted to check on that with you guys before I make contact.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pertek wrote:
Hey there fellers',

I pre-ordered at the very beginning of getting into this nefarious hobby..

I cannot remember whether I was charged immediately or if I was to be charged upon shipment.

Can anyone confirm which was the case for themselves?

My card details are surely expired, just wanted to check on that with you guys before I make contact.

Cheers!

Michael, thier past practice was to charge prior to shipping, not upon order. Better change that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Michael,
We do not charge until we are ready to ship.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can vouch for the charge upon delivery. Usually by the time delivery comes around, my card has been replaced due to some sort of fraud. I remember receiving calls/emails from Ewe just for that purpose (last time was AtB 2nd edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Games World
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Uwe
My credit card is renewed this month, and I have a pre-order for the solo expansion from the website Academy Games.
May I know what will happen to make sure that I still get the game once it is ready for shipping?

Regatds
Osama

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Same here, the card I used to pre-order COH: AtB 2nd Edition (which included the solo expansion) has long since expired. I assume we will be contacted via email so we can pay the shipping.

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Venables
United Kingdom
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here - would be good to know what will happen, or particularly if I need to do anything now...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i spent a while yesterday on their website looking for a way to change my CC# (thanks to home depot). i couldn't find it, couldn't even find my preorder (but it's in my email history)

i figure they'll just contact me when the old CC# bounces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It will really help us if all of you with new CC info could call Sam or Kari with the new card info. This takes a big burden off of us when we get ready to ship.
Happy Holidays.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
It will really help us if all of you with new CC info could call Sam or Kari with the new card info. This takes a big burden off of us when we get ready to ship.
Happy Holidays.
Uwe

Hi Uwe, how about international orders?
I could call of course, but it's sort of a pain...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For international, it is easiest to call via phone or skype. We do not trust emails. Text messaging also works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Games World
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish if you could add the option of updating the credit card in the website, in a secure link, I will not feel safe to update my credit card information through phone, Skype or text messaging, just a suggestion.

Anyway, once the game is released, I need my copy, even if I did not pay

Have a nice day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are working on this Osama. Our website is going through a 100% overhaul. We are using a professional web design company that is very unique in its work. Hopefully they will be done by the end of February. This new website will also include a 100% new shopping cart, which will allow CC updates on the secure server.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good news. I preordered back in early 2013 (I was late to the party!). I am sure the CC I used is no longer valid. It will be good to be able to change it online.

Assuming the card fails to process when the time comes, will you guys email me and let me know rather than cancelling my pre-order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.