Subject: Hunter Module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
Hello the question is does Chief Spy open his eyes?

From the rules:

"Everyone close your eyes and extend your hand into a fist in front of you"

"Spy Chief(s) - extend your thumb"

"Spies open your eyes and look around to see your fellow spies and your chief?"

In this case I would say no the Spy Chief has no idea who his spies are.

Although some friends have read that spies include the chief which I can also see.

Thematically no one really knows who can be trusted so I can see the arguement either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirKarlg wrote:
"Spies open your eyes and look around to see your fellow spies and your chief?"

In this case I would say no the Spy Chief has no idea who his spies are.

Why would he not? I do not have the expansion yet, but there's nothing on the card that seems to indicate that the chief wouldn't know the spies. It also seems clear from a thematic point of view that the chief would know his team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the bit in quotes I'd say that the chief is obviously supposed to know who the spies are and all the spies know who the chief is. "Spies" means all spies unless it states otherwise.

If the spy chief wasn't supposed to know who the other spies were it'd say:

"Spies (but not spy chiefs) open your eyes and look around to see your fellow spies and your chief?"

I'm fairly sure that'd be consistent with how the Avalon "close your eyes" bit works.

I'll re-read the rules at some point but I'd be amazed if the spy chief isn't supposed to know the other spies based on the quotes you've given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
Thank you both.

I'll get it right next time. We had one spy chief who had his head down and thumb up and I was the other spy chief with eyes open.

Different people getting a different meaning from the same message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Eskridge
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spy Chief knows his fellow Spies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chief Spy is a spy, and therefore opens his eyes when all spies open their eyes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Octavio Romo
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hello All! Resurrecting an old thread but ive been playing this game for a bit and i had the same question. I reached out to Indie and this is what i got back:

Indie Boards and Cards
to me
the Spy Chief does not open their eyes, the script is very literal.

So it is up to the other spies to use the loyalty card ad i guess lie about if they are the Spy chief so that the spy chief the knows who is their other spy. Im guessing thats how that would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Don E above is the designer so I think I'll go designer rather than publisher.

(Amazingly I've never managed to play the hunter module so I don't have any opinion ok how the two options would play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.