Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played our first two games with 4 players on the weekend. Rules are pretty straight forward so we could get into the game quickly.

In our first game I was the murderer. Problem was, I just pointed at two random cards in my display without checking the cards of the other players first.
So I selected Nail and Brick, which where easily differentiated from the cards of other players, like Plague and luggage.

Therefore the forensic chemist used the first clue "Storage Room" and then "Worker" so it was pretty obvious who was the murderer.

We had the same problem in our second game as the murderer randomly chose the injection, which was pretty obvious when the Chemist gave the clue poisoning as there was no other clue card with a similiar theme.

So, everybody "enjoyed" the game and noticed its potential, but we were equally convinced that it is very important to make sure everybody knows what cards are in play to make it not too obvious for the investigators.

All in all I am very much looking forward to play again.

Components are not great by the way. They all have a very strange feel to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolly Thinkers
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comment.

We are really sorry about the quality of this version. We didn't have any control about it as it was produced by the original publisher in china. I sent Bucket King 3D and this game to Tom for review and told him please treated this game as a prototype. He told me that he would not do any review for prototype so that we never expected his review for CS-Files coming out.

We are now planning to produce another version with new artwork and packing. And this time we will choose our own factory to produce the game. I will make sure the new version will meet the European Standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolly Thinkers
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I teach people to play this game, I will distribute brown and red cards to all players first and ask them to take a look of other players' cards for a few minutes. I tell them to imagine you are the murderer and you will try to pick the cards that are similar to other players'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.

Just for your information:

My game is also missing one of the red wooden markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am planning on anouncing the cards to everybody when distributing them, so everybody already has an idea what cards are in play. And then I think its a good idea to give everybody a minute to make a "plan" in case they are the murderer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolly Thinkers
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really sorry about that......blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.