Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever I try to use the What to Play Deluxe tool, the data fails to load. If I flip to my browser and click on BGG when WtP freezes, I get a 503 error in my browse. It happens every time.

It seems like I am being shutdown for too many requests, but I am not a 'bot. Can the throttle be reset?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
feldmafx wrote:
Whenever I try to use the What to Play Deluxe tool, the data fails to load. If I flip to my browser and click on BGG when WtP freezes, I get a 503 error in my browse. It happens every time.

It seems like I am being shutdown for too many requests, but I am not a 'bot. Can the throttle be reset?

You should probably contact the creator of that tool, and inform them that they have to update their tool to throttle the number of requests to the API to a maximum of 2 per second. More requests than that leads to that 503 error. This rate-limiting was instituted last month since bad tools like that were hammering the API to such a degree that it was leading to performance problems for everyone.
I'd say that until that tool has been fixed, it's better not to use it anymore.

See also (for example) BGG XML API random 503's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.