Popular Tags: [View All]
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
...and it was awesome. We watched the end of the GB-BUF game in a Ford Field restaurant before Lions kickoff; the whole stadium erupted when the Packers lost. The Lions first-half play was awful but what a nailbiter. Not over til the last play. The game turned on a BLOCKED FG. Sweet. First place baby!

Even the weather was surprisingly conducive to traipsing around downtown Detroit. If they hadn't crammed us fans into seats the size of paint cans, it would have been a perfect day. I think that seat gave me scoliosis, and my knee creaks now when I straighten it. But what's a little degenerative spinal disease compared to WINNING THE NFC NORTH knockonwood??

Good day to be a Lions fan. Holy crap, did I just say that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Glad we could help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zedsdead wrote:
...and it was awesome. We watched the end of the GB-BUF game in a Ford Field restaurant before Lions kickoff; the whole stadium erupted when the Packers lost. The Lions first-half play was awful but what a nailbiter. Not over til the last play. The game turned on a BLOCKED FG. Sweet. First place baby!

Even the weather was surprisingly conducive to traipsing around downtown Detroit. If they hadn't crammed us fans into seats the size of paint cans, it would have been a perfect day. I think that seat gave me scoliosis, and my knee creaks now when I straighten it. But what's a little degenerative spinal disease compared to WINNING THE NFC NORTH knockonwood??

We still have to win in Green Bay to win the division, so don't get too excited yet. We haven't won in Green Bay since 1991!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
Zedsdead wrote:

We still have to win in Green Bay to win the division, so don't get too excited yet. We haven't won in Green Bay since 1991!

Plus, a win at GB could mean the Lions can get the 2nd seed, have a bye week, and not play Seattle for their first game. But yeah, @GB. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's not about them, but come on - the Bills have been really exciting this year!

(not a Bills fan - GO BRONCOS!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Glad we could help

futhee wrote:
I know it's not about them, but come on - the Bills have been really exciting this year!)

I almost heaped praise upon the scrappy Bills. But then I remembered Week 5. zombiegulpsoblue Gonna take a bit more time for that one to scar over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zedsdead foolishly wrote:
...But what's a little degenerative spinal disease compared to WINNING THE NFC NORTH knockonwood??

awwww... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
And now you get to play without Suh against Dallas. Fun times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

that will get overturned right? I mean... its the playoffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

that will get overturned right? I mean... its the playoffs.

Um, given Suh's reputation, probably not.

Maybe he should stop trying to intentionally injure other players? Crazy idea, I know, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
I mean... its the playoffs.

According to my understanding, the league still enforces its rules during the playoffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's just say some Lions fans won't miss he when he signs elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.