Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,
I have come to the conclusion that I need to make a foam core box organiser for Descent and possibly a couple of other content heavy games, but Descent in particular can drive you nuts trying to find all the pieces needed at set up.

From my limited scour of the Internet I have discovered that not all foam core is of equal quality and that decent quality is needed for a great finish.

What do people recommend?
What is the optimum size to buy it in at?
What do people use to glue it together ( brand/type of glue)

I have seen excellent "plans" for box insert for Descent 2.0 from the esoteric order of gamers, so it's a nod to which quality and suppliers I should look to that I need.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two good sources for ideas and help....

foam core geeklist
And and article I wrote
http://gamesontables.com/blog/2014/06/23/sophomore-teaches-f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Noetzel
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I buy mine from Hobby Lobby. The carry different colors, all of the same size and thickness, iirc. I prefer the black sheets.

I use normal old Elmer's glue to hold it together, along with some straight pins to stiffen it and give it support while the glue dries. I usually leave the pins in because...well, just because.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually get everything from Hobby Lobby, but for black core foam core our local Wal-Mart has made-in-the-USA sheets for nearly half the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.