Subject: 5 bp LG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Payne
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Do the 5 point legions reduce for 3 bp? Then a ruduced LG is worth 2?
Thats how I played it but I wasnt sure. Thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
I simply walk into Mordor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, what 5 bp Legions? I think all Legions are 4 bp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After turn 8, there is an optional rule (inspired by the changes of Marius) that makes full-strength LG 5 pts. We also played they were 2 pts when reduced, because it doesn't say anywhere that they are treated any differently when reduced than LG with 4 BP.

5 BP LG are the typical reason why Rome has to be held as much as possible during the middle of the game. If its income in turn 8 is 30 talents, for example, and it spends 20T, it can field an army of 50 BP in 10 LG. This tends to be a steamroller over Greece or Carthage. The trade-off is that the LG cav are gone, but versus Carthage (which usually has cav of its own) that's not such a big deal. Greece is more vulnerable though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Tisander wrote:
Do the 5 point legions reduce for 3 bp? Then a ruduced LG is worth 2?
Thats how I played it but I wasnt sure. Thanx

Yes, they simply flip over to 2-BP reduced legions as before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.