Subject: Bonus influence map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kessels
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules imply it, but it isn't explicitly written; Do you get the bonus every time you send a star to a region on the map? Even if you already have a star in that region?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul: I think the rules do explicitly say that at the top of page 11:

"...place 1 of your 6 available influence tokens from your supply onto the map on the lower left of the board and immediately gain the benefit listed below the name of the region."

They go on to say (in reference to moving influence stars within the map after you've already placed them there): "You don't gain any immediate benefit from moving a star--you only get the benefit when you place a star."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kessels
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Paul: I think the rules do explicitly say that at the top of page 11:

"...place 1 of your 6 available influence tokens from your supply onto the map on the lower left of the board and immediately gain the benefit listed below the name of the region."

They go on to say (in reference to moving influence stars within the map after you've already placed them there): "You don't gain any immediate benefit from moving a star--you only get the benefit when you place a star."

Thanks for clarifying Jamey. I read that and assumed it would be like you explained, but I found it contra-intuitive when comparing to other game that typically give a bonus to the first to come in these situations. So just wanted to double check I did it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul: That's a good point, often in other games you only get the bonus if you're the first one there. That's not the case in Tuscany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.