Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Ruiz
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reviewed the Extended Example of Play in the rulebook and it appears to me that there are two corrections to be made:

In the example's 4th Round, Napoleon's Grand Armee appears spending 6 Movement Points (MPs) to reach Ulm, to attack Mack's Army there. In the example, the cost to move from Strasbourg to Bade appears as 2 MPs, when it should be only 1 MP. This is so because there is a bridge symbol in the boundary between Strasbourg and Bade. The bridge prevents an additional 1 MP penalty when crossing a river. Meanwhile, the mountain pass crossing costs 2 MP, but only appears as one MP in the example. It still takes Napoleon's army 6 MPs to reach Ulm.

Also, in that same example (4th Round), Jean's force countermarches to join Mack's Armee of Allemagne. However, in the example it states that Jean (with a rank of 3) is placed in the Reserve despite having a superior rank to Mack (with a rank of 4). I believe Mack should have been placed in reserve instead of Jean.

If I am missing something here, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

You are missing something.

What i dislike about this example of play is that nuances are not mentioned.

Mack is in charge of Army Allemagne, a great and sacred responsibility. Therefore, rule 10.2 paragraph FIVE kicks in (top of page 12) that states higher ranking go to reserve due to the army status.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Karsten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct on the movement costs...they goobered up the graphic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this game and was playing through the example of play after reading the rules and came up with the same thought as StukaJoe. Though seeing rule 10.2 I now understand, but what I don't understand, what was the point of counter marching Jean's forces. He will go into reserve and im assuming so would the corps he commands since Mack can only command a force upto 8 steps (jeans would make it 9).

So I don't know if im missing something but the only thing its seems to have done is remove Austrian forces from the Map.

Also during Napoleons march did he pick up the Wurtemberg corps in Bade on his way through? (the counter wasnt in the example diagrams)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.