Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » General

Subject: Splitting the Core set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rovaniemi
msg tools
Hello.
I was thinking about getting this with a pal over xmas and as we do not live close, but do play games over webcam quite often, I am wondering if there is a any good way to split the core set?

I am aware that you will probably need 2-3 core sets in order to be competitive and unlock better deck building, but this is just for some fun times really when it comes to us.

So, if splitting 1 core set how would you guys do it?

Also, the same question if you had 2 core sets?

Cheers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can split the core set based on factions (eg, you can have these 3 factions and I'll take these 4), but it would be better to each have a core set, especially since you're playing remotely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gaskell
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I would suggest you both have a core set, but still split by faction (you have these 3 and the neutral cards, I have these 4) as suggested by Zeb. Play with 30 card decks (rather than 50); this way you have a few more deckbuilding options.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VALIS13 wrote:
I would suggest you both have a core set, but still split by faction (you have these 3 and the neutral cards, I have these 4) as suggested by Zeb. Play with 30 card decks (rather than 50); this way you have a few more deckbuilding options.


I agree with this if you are interested in deckbuilding at all and don't mind not playing as some factions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rovaniemi
msg tools
Ok, so 2 core sets and still splitting sounds like a good plan, should get some extra deckbuilding options, and we do not mind that we can not play all the factions.

Any suggestions, from a gameplay perspective, where the factions should be split?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peXmo wrote:
Ok, so 2 core sets and still splitting sounds like a good plan, should get some extra deckbuilding options, and we do not mind that we can not play all the factions.

Any suggestions, from a gameplay perspective, where the factions should be split?


Are you familiar with the alliance wheel?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rovaniemi
msg tools
Yes I know about the alliance wheel but I was just asking if there is any split that crates better alliances due to better match ups and synergies.

For example, maybe the asta militarum works better with the orks than the marines, something like that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well. With one core and one opponent, you could set the deck minimum to 40 and just play the game.

Each player picks a faction and gets one each of the six neutral cards. Than you draft five more cards from one of the eligible factions into your deck and play. I have played dozens of times this way before the first warlord pack came out and Warhammer Conquest has laid off all my other LCGs Very good game.

It's a fantastic couples game with a tons of options and replay. Once you add the first Warlord deck... it gets a little more interesting.

There's no reason to split it up... just one of you hold onto it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peXmo wrote:
Yes I know about the alliance wheel but I was just asking if there is any split that crates better alliances due to better match ups and synergies.

For example, maybe the asta militarum works better with the orks than the marines, something like that.


I would keep the alliance wheel in mind when splitting, basically, you take one half of the wheel and your friend the other. Personally, I would divide the wheel at the mark between Tau and Eldar (for command struggle reasons). IE:
One player: Tau, Space Marine, Astra Militarum
Other: Chaos, Dark Eldar, Eldar

Orks to whoever. That's how I would do it if you're splitting on faction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.