Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Should post that here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/161320/dungeons-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
Awesome! Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Anderson
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
What are their stats at full strength?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gradin
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Legion Builder on Burning Ballista, Swooping Dragon has been updated with these cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Anderson
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnificent. I was unsure as to whether I wanted this troop, but it's definitely a go now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I am really confused as to why the 7th Shard of Law is included in this pack. Aren't the Aarakocra already flying since they are mounted on clear pegs???

Is is maybe so that Jarl Horn can now fly and use Dive Attack???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
It has something to do with the adventure included in the pack, but I am yet to play the adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Tracy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get excited about the 6 dice ranged attack with the V formation card. Then I start wondering just how long into the combat phase will those 6 troops last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benshai wrote:
I get excited about the 6 dice ranged attack with the V formation card. Then I start wondering just how long into the combat phase will those 6 troops last.

It will depend on your positioning. I see no reason why you can't get in a good round of combat with them.

I'm excited about the Air Elemental.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
V isn't a cone attack, so it won't be effective against troops. Otherwise nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
V Formation is an area attack, however, as per the rules on page 19 ("Other Area Attacks").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
So the ultimate conclusion is that V-Formation is an area attack and can kill multiple Soldiers in a single attack. Page 31, "Area attacks include Line, Cone and Burst Attacks, as well as any attacks that specify they attack every creature within a particular area."

This might seem unfair, but to be honest I don't think V-formation attacks will be pulled off very often. It is a 4-point upgrade, which is pricey. It requires at least 4 Soldiers remaining and that they have ONE in front and Three in the rear ranks. If you kill the pointman before they attack and they have two Soldiers in the second rank, the attack is foiled. If you pick off a guy from the rear rank, the attack is foiled. And these guys are the flimsiest of troops: no armor, no spells, no equipment upgrades and no agility until they are down to 4 models...

It makes for a strong one-shot attack, but it is sooo expensive. The minimum cost: (Generic Aarakocra and V formation) is 28 points, but that's only 3 attacks at range 3. The ideal strike (Aaqa Elite x6, V formation Aaroqua, Vigilant Watcher) weighs in at 62 points! This will net you a lot though: 6 attacks at range 4+charge with one blank becoming a hit. Another 3 points to give them Disperse! for survivability...

As I play more and more I keep feeling like everything is over-costed and that I am really limited by points. But the conclusion I keep coming to is that the game should really be played at 150-ish points. The rulebook suggests 120-200. Why are all the OP events then limited to the bottom number??????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how do you summon the air elament im i missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
It is a 5-point upgrade that lasts for two combat phases. You must have at least 5 Soldier left to summon (I imagine this is for fluff, that you need at least that many birds flapping their wings in concert to summon it). You spend an action to place a burst icon which represents the elemental. (The disc is just a summary of its statistics.) Discard the upgrade card.

Granted, there are too many pieces for this. There is the upgrade card, a reference card, a burst token and the elemental disc. It sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. The burst icon placement works just like that of a fireball's or ice storm's, but that it happens in the action phase.

5 points feels overcosted to be honest. At most it is a one-use ability, which gets to zero uses if you lose two Soldiers before you get to act. On the bright side IF you get to cast it, and IF there are two enemies in range, and IF they stay in range for two turns, and IF you roll all hits, and IF they don't evade, you get 12 damage cards off in two turns for the cost of an action and 5 LP. Sounds pretty IFFY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Priesmal wrote:
It is a 5-point upgrade that lasts for two combat phases. You must have at least 5 Soldier left to summon (I imagine this is for fluff, that you need at least that many birds flapping their wings in concert to summon it). You spend an action to place a burst icon which represents the elemental. (The disc is just a summary of its statistics.) Discard the upgrade card.

Granted, there are too many pieces for this. There is the upgrade card, a reference card, a burst token and the elemental disc. It sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. The burst icon placement works just like that of a fireball's or ice storm's, but that it happens in the action phase.

5 points feels overcosted to be honest. At most it is a one-use ability, which gets to zero uses if you lose two Soldiers before you get to act. On the bright side IF you get to cast it, and IF there are two enemies in range, and IF they stay in range for two turns, and IF you roll all hits, and IF they don't evade, you get 12 damage cards off in two turns for the cost of an action and 5 LP. Sounds pretty IFFY.

I won't be getting my wave 2 stuff until today so I havent had a chance to play with it yet. However, I think you underestimate the Air Elemental.

The various features of the game don't have to operate at peak efficiency to be worth taking. For example, at first glance Close Quarters seems like a questionable upgrade. If used with a red you get two additional 3 dice attacks that are unlikely to penetrate the 2 armor of a dragon. Still, there is always the chance you roll a critical and not every opposing unit has 2 armor. When you seek to find favorable match ups within the game good things can happen. I have used and had it used to great effect against me.

I believe the Air Elemental will be about positioning and how it influences your opponent's movement choices. Does he play like it's not even on the board and hope you don't get any lucky rolls or does he try to avoid it and possibly give you a positional advantage.

Understanding the numbers and what they can possibly mean for you is important, but there is more than number crunching to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Priesmal wrote:

It's an action, so you can use it before you even start combat, guaranteeing you won't lose soldiers before you're able to use the ability. You place the actual air elemental token, using the burst token placement rules. It attacks out to range 3 ground and/or air. it's 3 dice that penetrate armor. And if your opponent wants to go around it, it becomes area control. It's actually a pretty decent ability. Don't forget those ballista and most ground troops won't be out of range 3 in 2 turns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.