Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death» Forums » Rules

Subject: darkstone weapons/upgrades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danielle Bradbury
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Do these count for your corruption roles? If so, can they be stored inside a chest after combat to prevent rolling corruption for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
justdanielle wrote:
Do these count for your corruption roles? If so, can they be stored inside a chest after combat to prevent rolling corruption for them?

If they have a dark stone icon, they do. Only dark stone can be stored in a chest, AFAIK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe Darkstone icons count for everything that cares about how much Darkstone you have. So it definitely includes the corruption check at the end of the mission, as Bobby said, but also includes Slashers targeting you with Darkstone Hunger, as well as damage from rampaging demons in the "Town Overrun" event, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
justdanielle wrote:
Do these count for your corruption roles?

Each Darkstone Icon counts as 1 for darkstone carried for the corruption rolls.

justdanielle wrote:
If so, can they be stored inside a chest after combat to prevent rolling corruption for them?

No. You are carrying them around and using them and the roll is an abstract for your exposure over the entire mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Bradbury
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Are there any weapon upgrades that are even that useful? The ones I've seen are expensive and hurt you every campaign with very minimal benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
justdanielle wrote:
Are there any weapon upgrades that are even that useful? The ones I've seen are expensive and hurt you every campaign with very minimal benefits.

Every darkstone upgrade is beneficial.
Just embrace your mutant self already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kell zilla
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're just seeing the corruption-from-icon roll and basing it off of that, forget this game entirely. Cos you're not going to enjoy yourself if you're really worrying about a single roll once per mission.

First, the corruption hit has to actually hit you. Then you have to fail your willpower roll for it to actually damage you. Finally, you can get corruption cleansed/cut away in Town.

It's really not important unless you're carrying shit-tons of loose darkstone or darkstone items.

My Saloon Girl often makes end-of-mission Corruption rolls of 12-18 dice!! (She carries a lot of shivs... and has a bunch of darkstone icon items/upgrades) Oftentime she only takes one or two Corruption points from all that rolling (you can't grit the Corruption hits but you can grit your willpower roll), which she can cleanse at the Church or cut out at the Doc's. Or she can just mutate, nbd. Mutating is awesome about half the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clark
msg tools
justdanielle wrote:

You sound like a pistol user. +1 shot with a rifle or shotgun is insanely good. And Void Assembly is min 3 (max 6) bonus damage once per fight. That's better than the rattlesnake fang that is only useable once per adventure (although the fang does have other benefits). With the way defense works, bonus damage is way better than even extra hits in almost every situation.

The other two aren't that great; although, I would still gladly take the corruption hits for the assembly if it didn't take 2 slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.