Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2 or 3 player game you give rebel players either a heroic (3 player) or legendary (2 player) reward to help balance the game.

BUT what exactly do the cards mean by Apply +10 health to your hero (legendary) or Apply +3 health your hero (heroic), considering heroes have two sides to their character sheets and can be "wounded"?

Do I add the +x health to the unwounded side only? Do I split it in half and add half to unwounded and half to wounded (impossible for heroic)?

Or do I add it to both? Making it harder to wound a rebel AND harder to kill a rebel.

I assume you just add it to the unwounded side so that it makes it that much harder to be wounded (an imperial victory condition) but I can't find anywhere explicitly where it says in the rules.

BTW I think this is a much better implementation IMO than lowering or raising the number of mobs on the board from Descent 2.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you read your Health at the listed amount above the shown Health value on the sheet. The cards make no reference to being lost after being wounded, so they count for both sides. Thus, it's indeed harder to wound a Rebel and harder to make them Withdraw (they don't die).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that you will gain a lot less cash if you are playing with only 2 heroes and will have lots less viability for tests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
It means you read your Health at the listed amount above the shown Health value on the sheet. The cards make no reference to being lost after being wounded, so they count for both sides. Thus, it's indeed harder to wound a Rebel and harder to make them Withdraw (they don't die).

Nah... don't again forget that your Endurance does not go up. Because it does not go up you can't rest as well. It will take tons of actions to fully rest. I'd say it is still harder to win with 2 or 3 heroes even with 10 wounds more. You can't run away with 2 heroes (you can run away with a 4th hero and 3 wounded finishing the mission).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:
In a 2 or 3 player game you give rebel players either a heroic (3 player) or legendary (2 player) reward to help balance the game.

Or do I add it to both? Making it harder to wound a rebel AND harder to kill a rebel.

This! Add the full amount to both.

trilamb wrote:
BTW I think this is a much better implementation IMO than lowering or raising the number of mobs on the board from Descent 2.0.

I think it works great! We've played with two and three and four heroes. What we like best is each player only has to run one hero. Makes it easier to get into the role.

Also, while you do get fewer credits (since missions rewards are per hero) you'll buy fewer items since you have fewer heroes to equip. I think it balances out fine.

In fact, in essence a hero with two activations will perform 4 actions a round which potentially lets them move farther in a single round too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.