Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

Honestly, this isn't the type of game I normally like. These sort of games are sort of lost on me. As for dice fighting games, I'm sort of partial to Dice Masters at this point. Combined with the fact that the theme is lost on me and I'm not really into dice games, this misses the mark for me.

Cookie Fu is a kung fu fighting game that uses dice. The components are really good although the game lacks a way to track hit points. You also use your hand to shield your dice from you opponent. There is quite a bit of information you need to download in your mind before you start playing (you can always refer to the rule book if needed; there is one for each player).

At the end of the day, you roll some dice and see what happens. Sure you get a decision on which die to use when, but you are stuck with what you roll. Not enough to keep my interest. I can see people liking this as a little filler game.

Purge.

Components:

The dice are all custom and look very good. The game comes with real fortune cookies with extra powers inside. This is really cool! The rule book looks like a Chinese menu which is fine. There isn't a ton in the box, but everything is nice.

Rule Book:

I found the rules to be both straightforward and confusing at the same time. The game is rather hard to digest, but there are some icons you need get in your mind. I wish the rule book had been more like a normal rule book as it would have been easier to read. I would suggest reading this before you sit down to play.

Flow of the Game:

This is a fighting game with dice.

1. To see who has initiative, you play a little Rock, Paper, Scissors game with dice.

2. Each player rolls their dice and shields the results the best they can (no shields provided).

3. Each player takes turns moving back and forth.

Possible die actions:

A. Strike - can be blocked
B. Kick - grab negates
C. Block - blocks strike
D. Grave - attack/defend
E. Chi - chi has different powerful effects such as healing, or a powerful blast
F. Refocus - trade 3 dice for a chi
* there are more, but this is a few examples

The idea is to take turns playing dice for effect. You have X HP and when you get to zero you lose the game.

Should I buy this game?:

No, it isn't for me. Yes, I recommend it to people who might like a little dice rolling game that allows you to fight with your dice. The game is quick and easier than something like Dice Masters. There is a small learning curve.

Purge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The game is rather _______ to digest, but there are some icons you need get in your mind.

I think you're missing a word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.