2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: zombicide or zombie 15 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Carson
msg tools
mb
I've got a 10 year old that is interested in zombie 15 (based strictly on the box) and know very little about it. Does anyone have any thoughts about this game vs Zombicide? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Renwick
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer zombicide, but they are very different games.

Zombie 15 is light, and only 15 minutes a round. but those rounds can take 10 -15 minutes it set up each game map, and another 5-10 to tear down. Its a race against time to get your guys/girls across the map.

Zombicide can take about the same amount of time to set up, but its games are more like 1 hour and up to 3 hours depending on the scenario you guys pick. The premise of zombicide is similar, move across the map, pick up upgrades, kill zombies, etc, but its dice based combat rather than you automatically kill the zombies.

Zombie 15 feels like a race against time, the zombies don't feel like they matter to me. Zombicide feels more tactical, and the stress comes form the shear number of zombies coming at you and the chance you take on rolling the dice.

I don't love zombicide, I really like it though, and I don't hate Zombie 15, but I'm not going to request to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.