United Kingdom
winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Not this good looking in real life
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just picked this game up and am enjoying it enough to want some of the add ons. But looking here in the UK, basically everything except the commonwealth box appear to be universally out of stock. Retailers and Devil Pig themselves have very few things actually for sale with everything else showing as sold out.

Devil Pig so not appear to have any news about re printing things and a lot of this stuff looks like it might be gone forever. Their magazine, for example, looks like its no longer possible to subscribe to, so I'm left with the impression that everyone who's just discovering this game has basically missed the boat.

Is that the case? Is this still in print? Will the extras be produced again or are they sold through and gone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as I know they certainly reprint stuff from time to time;
there is no clear schedule or announcement so you will need to check the shop regularly, but you can count on reprints being done as well as new stuff appearing.
both their kickstarters are not yet entirely ready/shipped, they will certainly have reprints available when these are ready

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RichKS wrote:
so I'm left with the impression that everyone who's just discovering this game has basically missed the boat.

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of us that supported the first Kickstarter also feel like we missed the boat(s).

Because we literally have!

DPG has yet to get a single item out on schedule. They are so bad at it, they quit giving schedules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles BAINTER
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I WONDER WHAT THE SURPRISE IS THAT IS SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER?

Maybe some DUKWs with extension ladders for the US Rangers to use to climb the the cliffs at POINT DU HOC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started into this game a week or two ago and have managed to order many of the items or pick them up in stores.

The only things I really can't find at the moment are:

US Army Box (I suspect not out in US retail)
River Set
US Rangers punchboard and maybe one other punchboard I can't remember

In addition to about 7 punchboards I've purchased, I have found:

D-Day Terrain Pack
German Army Box
Commonwealth Army Box

All this in the last 2 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles BAINTER
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the US Army box in a US store + the Rangers. Haven't seen the D-Day package except at Gen-con Iello Booth. They may have had the River set also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ransom
United States
Mooresville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like they are still printing stuff, as fast as they can anyway. I suspect the only thing they won't reprint will be the exclusives, at least not for retail (but possibly for future kickstarter campaigns).

It's a small company, and clearly they struggle to keep up with demand. Also, it's a new company, and the learning curve appears a bit steep.

All in all, I think they are doing their best, and though some are unhappy with the service/communication, I think they are keeping a majority of the fans happy.

That said, I often see stuff in the UK on eBay. Seems like most of the product releases show up there before the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
The only things I really can't find at the moment are:

US Army Box (I suspect not out in US retail)
River Set
US Rangers punchboard and maybe one other punchboard I can't remember

The Rangers were one of the first boards released for US retail, so the initial stock has been used up for a long time. I am also waiting on the US army box. There were some available in various outlets briefly, but I waited for my FLGS to get it and they tried hard to get one but couldn't.

No big surprise the US box was a big seller IN the US

All the stuff now available was the extra printed during the original print run. A reprint is in the works, but I would not expect it until after the first of the year. Queue jokes for how long after, but what do you expect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SwollenGoat wrote:
That said, I often see stuff in the UK on eBay. Seems like most of the product releases show up there before the US.

That was certainly true earlier in the year, but Iello started closing the gap by the end of the initial releases. Hopefully there won't be any issues with US distribution going forward once the reprints are shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AKDoyle wrote:
RichKS wrote:
so I'm left with the impression that everyone who's just discovering this game has basically missed the boat.

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of us that supported the first Kickstarter also feel like we missed the boat(s).

DPG has yet to get a single item out on schedule. They are so bad at it, they quit giving schedules.

One of the desiner got a car accident. That's why they are off schedual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Airfix Rules anyone?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Give it a year or two and you'll be able to pick up the lot on ebay at a knock down price devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
AKDoyle wrote:
RichKS wrote:

One of the desiner got a car accident. That's why they are off schedual.

The missed boats I was referring to were before that unfortunate incident.
The missed boat for the the North American KS first wave.
The missed boat for the 'lost' first wave items.
The missed boat for the Gazette.

I would love to see DPG get things to mesh. Heroes is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emilio De Sousa
Spain
Algeciras AKA: 'Arjesiráh'
Cadí
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard trying to get all AddOns and SG of a KS over a year later ...shake

but not impossible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would think that with Christmas just around the corner that game companies would anxiously jump on the commercial band wagon and hope to cash in on their product, but for some mysterious reason the Grinch has stolen all the goodies pertaining to this company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the impression that Devil Pig Games lacks the man power and finances to keep up with the demand of their product. Combine that with a hugely successful world wide Kickstarter, I think they got a bit over extended financially and production wise. Judging by how popular the game appears to be, I would guess that it will just take some time and patience for all the HoN product to be readily available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Bristol
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

Give it a year or two and you'll be able to pick up the lot on ebay at a knock down price devil

Oh ho! Now I can see why you didn't go all-in with the Kickstarter you sly dog . Ordinarily I would agree with waiting for the hype to die down, but in this case I think you will be disappointed you left it so late .

You certainly won't be seeing my copy on eBay in the foreseeable future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Airfix Rules anyone?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't think this one will last. Mind you I said that about ASL...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Bristol
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

I don't think this one will last. Mind you I said that about ASL...

Oh God, now you've given me a vision of HON ten years from now with a living rulebook 200 pages long and devotees like my friend Roy from back in the day (SL) who can quote chapter and verse with their eyes closed ...

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to still be playing HoN ten years from now. I enjoy the system, along with a few other tactical games. I stopped playing ASL ten years ago in favor of the ATS system.

Different niches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I hope to still be playing HoN ten years from now. I enjoy the system, along with a few other tactical games. I stopped playing ASL ten years ago in favor of the ATS system.

Different niches.

Sure as sh*te, I'll still be playing this game 10 years from now. I think it will hinge on a large library of scenarios being available.

As to not preparing to cash in on the Xmas season, I just received yesterday, these items (which are still available if you look):

D-Day expansion
Lord Lovat's Commandos
German Army Box
Whitmann's Tigers
Farmhouse expansion
Terrain expansion (forest and cows)

I'll be giving these to myself :D

Only thing I had to pre-order is US Army box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate it when exclusives are never available again. I may take the plunge anyway, but I want ALL the items, especially for an expandable game like this.

Give a time exclusivity if you must, but don't make stuff never available again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.