Subject: (re)deployment of General's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michel Vossenberg
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
In the rules is much said about the (re)deployment of Roman generals. One thing however isn't clear to me. When Africanus comes in the game Rome has 4 generals instead of 3 (Africanus is mentioned as an extra pro-consul)? Or is the maximum Roman generals limited to 3?

Also the deployment of the Carthagian generals isn't clear to me. They start with 3 generals and can redeploy a general if he got killed. But how can the 2 generals (at start of the game in the side-box) be deployed? When the CU deployment phase comes and there is no limitation to the number of Carthagian generals which can be deployed? Or at another moment/event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Rome get two generals the first turn and then three generals each turn until Scipio arrives at which point they have four generals each turn, two consuls and two proconsuls. Should Scipio get killed they are down to three generals again.

Carthage start with all generals in play, but two of them are subordinated to Hannibal at the start of the game. They can be dropped off at any time with or without CU when Hannibal moves ore they can move away themselves if activated.

I think you need to reread this part of the rules so you really understand how it works. Important stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bannow
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Before Scipio Africanus, you are limited to 2 consuls, and 1 proconsul. After Scipio arrives, you are limited to 2 consuls and 2 proconsuls, provided that one of the proconsuls is Scipio Africanus. If Scipio Africanus is displaced, he doesn't come back. This drops your limits back to 2 consuls and 1 proconsul.

Carthage starts out with ALL of the generals on the map. Mago and Gisgo are in Hannibal's HOLDING BOX. That means that they are on the map, but in the box for the purpose of keeping the map uncluttered. The holding box also shows which general is in command of all the other generals present. If they are on the map, they are in command. If they are in the holding box, they are subordinate to the general on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Vossenberg
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thx for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.