David Smith
msg tools
Hi guys,

So I've just bought Shadow of Nerekhall and I need some advice on what you think which missions are in the Heroes favour or the Overlords'

In the base game it was easy to tell as, if the overlord won an act 1 quest the heroes would only be able to play a certain quest (in favour of the Overlord)

I'll list them here and so you don't need to type the names out

An Introduction - I'm assuming this will be like the base game tutorial and in the heroes favour.

ACT I
Perhaps the top row is in the heroes favour and the bottom row are in the overlords?

CIVIL WAR
WITHOUT MERCY
LOCAL POLITICS
PREY
PRICE OF POWER
THE INCIDENT
RAT-THING KING
RESPECTED CITIZEN

INTERLUDE 1
THE TRUE ENENMY - This is the choice is the heroes won 2 or more quests in Act 1 So I'll assume it's in their favour
TRAITORS AMONG US - Same deal just in the Overlords Favour

ACT II
with two columns perhaps i'm missing that the left side is favoured for the hero's and the right in the overlords?
Left Column
OVERDUE DEMISE
INTO THE DARK
NIGHTMARES
Right Column
ARISE MY FRIENDS
WIDESPREAD PANIC
LOST

FINALE
THE BLACK REALM - Choice after hero's win 2 or more quests, it's on the left side so maybe my theory is right
THE CITY FALLS - Same but for Overlord and the right side..

Thanks
Guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vespino Robert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm aware, none of the quests are designed to favour either side (although a lot of quests end up doing so, especially in the base game). Those that do follow no particular pattern.

In Nerekhall, the quests are generally quite unpredictable because of influence effects and multiple objective paths.

For the record, my plays have had the following results:
A Demonstration (intro): Overlord generally wins, but because the heroes can earn bonus gold whether they win or lose this is incidental.
Act 1 quests: Well balanced, players should be picking them based on rewards and denial of rewards to other side rather than which ones are easier.
Interludes: I've only played The True Enemy and the heroes have won each time.
Act 2 quests: Quests from both columns have proven difficult for the overlord; this is possibly because heroes have become overpowered through gear while overlord doesn't receive many XP in this campaign.
Finale: The Black Realm favours the overlord (making up for a bad act 2) even though it is played if the heroes win a majority of act 2 quests. (I haven't played The City Falls, so I can't comment on it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vespinito wrote:

Finale: The Black Realm favours the overlord (making up for a bad act 2) even though it is played if the heroes win a majority of act 2 quests. (I haven't played The City Falls, so I can't comment on it.)

Can you offer any advice for the Overlord on The Black Realm? We'll be playing it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.