Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we will be 3 players, all of us formerly played a lot of poker.

Here is my collection, what would be best for us to play, interaction is a plus, as well as any other qualities that would appeal to them.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jessecuster3?o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
The second edition cash and guns plays 4-8 I believe but if you can find the first edition I think it plays 3-6. It's a good bluffing game of whether your gun is loaded or not because you only have three bang cards and five click cards. One night ultimate werewolf also plays 3-10 but I've never played three player. You could also try citadels which has a little bluffing with the role selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I am looking to play something I already own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discworld: Ankh-Morpork : It's for 2-4 players and works well with three. You're basically spending the game trying to meet your own secret objective, while screwing with what you think are your opponents' plans. There's a lot of opportunity for bluffing which might appeal to the poker player in you, also.

Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem : More directly confrontational than Discworld, this one will have you bluffing, lying, negotiating and threatening each other constantly for 90 minutes.

Dogs of War : Best with five, but still good with three. More interaction, negotiation, betrayal and cussing, in about an hour or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower has a lot of interaction, between the auctions and using other player's tiles.

I also find splendor is chockfull of interesting little interactions once you get to know the game a bit. It's not just card blocking, there is a lot of tension in chip control as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I think Keyflower is too advanced for them at this point, but Splendor will work great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Oh misread sorry. Coup and sheriff are good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jessecuster3 wrote:
Thanks. I think Keyflower is too advanced for them at this point, but Splendor will work great!

Woohoo I win at the recommendation game.

Hope your friends enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, I'd say +1 for Discworld. If your chief goal is interaction, Splendor isn't the game you want. Smash Up might be good too. Bring them in with something unique and exciting! Splendor is just pretty "meh" to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenderbass124 wrote:

We played Sheriff a few times with 4, I am not sure it works as well with 3.

How is Coup with 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jessecuster3 wrote:
Fenderbass124 wrote:

We played Sheriff a few times with 4, I am not sure it works as well with 3.

How is Coup with 3?

I have played both with 3, and do not recommend either with 3. I think both need at least 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Your unplayed games that will likely appeal to poker players are:

Keyflower
Libertalia
Modern Art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Discworld: Ankh-Morpork - plays well from 2-4 players, easy to learn, a lot of bluffing and doing the best with the cards you have, and still not limited to cards, they are just driving what happens on the board. The random events can bite you or help you. Bad things happen in Ankh-Morpork, so the interaction does not feel personal. Always plays in about an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiong ie
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can play Coup with 3, lite-version, just reduce each card by 1 and you will have 10 cards instead of 15 cards, and it will play nicely. But it's super short anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.