Popular Tags: [View All]
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So my game arrives this week, and it looks like I'm going to end up running 2 campaigns, 1 with my wife and son, and another with some friends.

Any advice on how to organize things to do this? It seems to me I'm going to have to more or less write down what cards everyone has, etc., and then take the time to sort through in between missions. I'd appreciate any advice from those who have the game, and/or have played this or Descent and have done the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started running two campaigns of SWIA but gave up and cut back to just one.

I wrote down everyone's cards (and there are a lot of them) plus you have to track the Imperial Agenda and Class decks and the side mission deck.

Then before each game had to reassemble the decks & players' cards.

It was too much work but it can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just take a photo instead of writing down the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
I just take a photo instead of writing down the cards.

That's a great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perrin Stewart
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this with Descent and used 2 different custom Quest sheets that someone had made and placed in the Files section. This custom quest sheet had spaces to write down what each player had started with\gained during the quest...

Hopefully someone will do the same for Imperial Assault, because I will be running 2 campaigns as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As said, it's doable. But you need to plan in time for being an accountant. As long as the sessions are not close together in the week you should have time to tear down one and build up the second.

Edit- buy a new set for each campaign group! As a bonus, you will have everything you could possibly need for skirmish fights!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't think I'll be buying another box, although I've entered a couple random Facebook contests for a free Core set, so you never know!

And now I've been invited into someone else's campaign - looks like I might have 3 campaigns going, haha, although I won't have to worry about doing any accounting for the other one.

Thanks for the advice guys. My one campaign group includes my 4 year old son, so for that campaign at least, if a couple things get mixed up (as long as it's not his character), it probably won't be a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign sheet records almost everything you need. What's it's missing is a place to record the Rebel's Mission Deck and the Imperial's Agenda Deck. Oh, and any items the Rebel Heroes might have picked up. I've played multiple campaigns, and just wrote these items on the back of the campaign sheet.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.