14 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been toying around with the expansion idea for a while. These cover 5 mini boxes, but you could easily combine several of them into a big box expansion, if they ever release another.

I'm interested in hearing what people think and who they'd want to see added as well. I chose not to add Runaways, Young Avengers, or the like because other people have those and they've done awesome with their ideas.

These came around because I want my two favorite Marvel characters to appear in the game, Sentry and Black Bolt. If you have ideas on villains or henchmen sets for these, let me know!

Inhumans
Black Bolt
Medusa
Gorgon
Karnak
Crystal

Illuminati (New cards for most members, ties to Infinity Gems)
Professor X
Iron Man
Mr. Fantastic
Black Panther
Namor
Black Bolt

Sidekicks (combine with other cards for effects)
War Machine
Sif
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Yondu

Other Avengers
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Ant-man
Wasp
Vision

Dark Avengers
Ares
Sentry
Moonstone
Daken
Bullseye

Women of Marvel
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Mockingbird
Valkyrie
Tigra

Secret Warriors
Quake
Stonewall
Slingshot
Phobos
Hellfire

Forgotten Avengers
Dr. Druid
Black Knight
Wonderman
Swordsman
Hellcat

If I've forgotten any, let me know. Hopefully we'll see some of these show up sooner than later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of your ideas I like a lot, others so/so (not a fan of New Warriors, and though I would not be upset seeing more female heroes, the Women of Marvel just seems too random.

If I remember right from previous posts, the next expansion for the Heroes is supposed to be the Big Box expansion next year. Given that fact, I would not be surprised to see it tie into Avengers, given the movie next summer. Thus I would not be surprised to see your Other Avengers included, with Ultron definitely being one of the Masterminds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd assume that the inhumans and other avengers are a given, considered they all will have upcoming movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sheldon adams
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I can see new warriors as adversaries in a villains expansion but not as allies. I would go crazy for Alpha Flight in the new Fear Itself expansion (maybe with all Fight effects, since a major twist was them dying).

I would love to see Coordinate brought in as a mechanic sometime. I don't know the legals behind the keyword (if all of the legendary are connected so they can even do that). That was a nice mechanic that didn't disrupt the game play much as all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see in an expansion
- The Designers/Playtesters/Publisher: Our Favorite Scenarios. Suggested Setups. With Rankings based on scores (>50 escellent, 25 to 50 okay, etc.)
- A Campaign Mode with aforementioned setups.

It's always fun to compare online with other players. "I scored a 46 on Scenario 2A with Carnage"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Inhumans and believe that they will be coming out fairly soon. I also feel like Winter Solider, Falcon, War Machine, Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver could all be coming the summer in our Big Box expansion. Another character you mentioned that I could foresee coming soon is Quake. Anyone watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
heard that Skye is actually Daisy, and turned into Quake at the end of the mid-season finale
so I could foresee Quake being introduced soon into Legendary.

Sif, I believe, should be bundled with the Warriors Three and maybe Heimdall?

As for the other sets I'm not quite sure... I like the idea behind the Illuminati, but from what I've heard on the forums, nobody wants characters we already have. One of the complaints I've heard is that we already have two Wolverines and then for Villains we will have two Juggernauts, as well as the Worthy will contain characters we already have Adversary cards for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Inhumans for a small box expansion. Maximus would be an obvious choice, but who would be a second choice?

The Illuminati is a cool idea, but they are covered fairly well in other sets... perhaps a mechanic that allows a character to switch team affiliation?

A lot of the characters you've suggested would be terrific to see in an Avengers big box expansion. Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wasp, Ant-Man, and Giant Man are all certain to appear soon due to their prominence in Marvel and in upcoming films.

I don't like the Women of Marvel idea, sorry to say... after all, we don't have a Men of Marvel set. I'd rather see these great characters in their appropriate teams.

I'd also love to see a Mighty Avengers team affiliation with Luke Cage, Spectrum, Falcon, She-Hulk, and Superior Spider-Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the few frustrations I have with the game is that many different characters could count for different teams (ie, Spider-Man in Spider-Friends, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Marvel Knights; She-Hulk in Avengers, Fantastic Four), but it would be too ungainly to have different versions of all these characters running around. If you did this with Spider-Man, for example, you could have a team formed of copies of the same character, and that would get boring fast, not to mention expensive. How could we implement a feature to have characters in different, or entirely new, teams?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powers77 wrote:
I would go crazy for Alpha Flight in the new Fear Itself expansion (maybe with all Fight effects, since a major twist was them dying).

I'd far, far rather see an Alpha Flight small box expansion for the base game:

Heroes:
Guardian
Sasquatch
Snowbird
Shaman
Puck

(Northstar, Aurora, and Marrina would hopefully show up later!)

Masterminds:
The Master
Tanaraq

Villain Groups:
Omega Flight
Great Beasts

By the way, when you say Alpha Flight died, are you thinking of the beginning of Civil War? Fear Itself started the Flight off on a (all to brief) new title, rather than killing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sheldon adams
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
i was thinking the Chaos Wars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would we need new team affiliations? The Illuminati (from whom I would LOVE to see the remaining characters added) could each just hold the affiliation with which they would be most recognizable, combo-ing off each others' abilities. Considering all of the arguing between members, full team combos would be rare.

In the same vein, why would we need a new "Mighty", "West Coast", or "Uncanny" Avengers affiliation? Wouldn't it just be easier to cast them all as Avengers? This would strengthen current affiliation-based combos and help to minimize cases where you are lacking the team synergy (e.g. the four-member Fantastic 4 affiliation).

I personally feel we already have two too many affiliations. X-Force could just as easily be X-Men and Spider-Friends could be Marvel Knights (with Spider-Woman as Shield or Avengers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought on the new Teams would be primarily to give alternate versions of a given hero. (Like they did with Wolverine)

West Coasters could get alternate versions of Hawkeye, Iron Man and Moon Knight.

Colossus should have an X-Men card, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of characters and affiliations have been mentioned, but the only character that I really want to see that has not yet been represented as a hero (he was an adversary in Villains) is BEAST. The fact that he's not yet in this game as a playable character is a glaring omission in my eyes. Otherwise, I've been happy with pretty much every character.

I'd also like to see Quicksilver at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.